News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Why I hate fucking Catholic scumbags

Started by Martinus, April 13, 2010, 03:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2010, 05:41:38 PM
Fine. Perhaps you shouldn't bring up such examples then if, when called on their inconsistency or lack of logic, you hide behind secrecy?

Ok answer my general question earlier then - if two teenagers have sex with each other, and there is no evidence of rape, is any of them (both?) a sexual offender?

You continue to be daft.

You say to BB that you cant understand why one might be considered a sexual offender (which is incredibly stupid since anyone with an ounce of common sense can figure out a number of factual circumstances as to why that might be) and then you accuse BB of being inconsistent because he wont give you details he is obligated by law not to disclose.

I am now convinced that you got your law degree from a cracker jack box.

dps

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2010, 10:00:34 PM

Doubtful.  You can probably get a better legal education from a Cracker Jack box than from a Polish law school.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2010, 05:41:38 PM
Fine. Perhaps you shouldn't bring up such examples then if, when called on their inconsistency or lack of logic, you hide behind secrecy?

Ok answer my general question earlier then - if two teenagers have sex with each other, and there is no evidence of rape, is any of them (both?) a sexual offender?

My example was only brought up to show that even when I could talk to experts about a real life situation and real life facts, they could only tell me "it depends".  This is complicated stuff.

As for your second paragraph - it depends.  First of all it's a mistake to take of evidence of rape - something can be a rape without there being any evidence.  Second it depends on specific circumstances. It could be a sex offence, or it could not be.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

I think you should violate your professional ethics because Marty is throwing a fit.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on April 14, 2010, 09:48:32 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2010, 05:15:43 PM

See, this is the kind of moronic mindset I am talking about here. How do you even determine which one is a "sex offender" if both of them are minors?
probably the same way you determine if a 14 year old committing another crime can be judged has an adult.

Are you really that retarded? you do not understand the difference between murder and a formal crime (i.e. sex with a minor) when both parties are minors?

When an adult kills another person it is clear who the victim and the perpetrator is. When a 14 yo kills someone then it is obvious who the victim and the perpetrator is.

When an adult has sex with a 14 yo without coercion being involved it is clear who the perpetrator and the victim is. When a 14 yo has sex with a 13 yo without coercion being involved who is the victim and the perpetrator? Both? None? Either?

Josephus

I love it when Poles call people from the civilized world "retarded."
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on April 15, 2010, 07:17:30 AM

More to the point, I love it when Marti thinks other people are retarded.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 15, 2010, 10:11:28 AM
Quote from: Josephus on April 15, 2010, 07:17:30 AM

More to the point, I love it when Marti thinks other people are retarded.

He just doesn't like to have sex with scumbag Catholics.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on April 15, 2010, 03:57:58 AM
When an adult kills another person it is clear who the victim and the perpetrator is. When a 14 yo kills someone then it is obvious who the victim and the perpetrator is.

I wish I lived in Martinus-land where it is always "clear" who the victim and the perpetrator are.  It would save the numerous arguments, dicussions and debates we routinely have in trying to determine who should be charged in a given set of facts.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Hey, gays aren't to blame for the Catholic Church's pedophilia scandal.

Jews are!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article7095471.ece

:lol:

We're a tricky lot, evidently.  :secret:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

Jews, they want to take the credit for everything.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

Quote from: Josephus on April 15, 2010, 01:21:36 PM

Oh, they give credit, too, but only at extortionate rates. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Alexandru H.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on April 15, 2010, 01:41:20 PM
Quote from: Josephus on April 15, 2010, 01:21:36 PM

Oh, they give credit, too, but only at extortionate rates. :P

:lol:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2010, 10:00:34 PM
if they ever hire a Polish lawyer at your firm, be afraid.  Be very afraid.
:D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.