News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

I was curious to see if my builds were legitimate so I made a file with those and ehrie's.

Tamas is up.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Tamas

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ulmont

To sum up Berkut's move:  Called a debate, went to round 2, Eck beat Bullinger 2-0, converted back Liege and Strasburg.

My move:

QuoteProtestant: Play Card as Operations
#95: 5 / Sack of Rome

Message from Protestant:
4/5 CP - Translate French New Testament (at 5 CP)
1/5 CP - Translate English New Testament (at 1 CP)

Over to the Ottomans.

Berkut...since you called the Debate with Leipzig, why not send in Eck round 1?

Berkut

Because I forgot I called it with Liepzig, because I am distracted, pissed off, and generally in a shitty mood.

No reason otherwise.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

I would say those are good reasons.

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on May 04, 2009, 12:18:00 PM
Because I forgot I called it with Liepzig, because I am distracted, pissed off, and generally in a shitty mood.

No reason otherwise.

Fair enough.  You won the debate anyway, so no harm done.

Habbaku

The Ottomans, meanwhile, maneuvered some of their reinforcements into Belgrade while Suleiman recovers from an attack of Gout.

That and Barbarossa's fleet joined up with the Barbary squadrons.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

I know I'm up, but I need to rush out for a bit.

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on May 04, 2009, 12:33:14 PM
The Ottomans, meanwhile, maneuvered some of their reinforcements into Belgrade while Suleiman recovers from an attack of Gout.

That and Barbarossa's fleet joined up with the Barbary squadrons.

Your play on ACTS has a big-ass stack moving all the way from Belgrade to Szegedin, which isn't in the CB file you sent out.

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Operations
#26: 3 / Mercenaries Bribed

Message from Ottoman:
Playing for CPs :

1/3 - 2 regulars, 2 cavalry from Nezh to Belgrade.
2/3 - Suleiman, Ibrahim and 15 (12 regulars/3 cavalry) to Szegedin.
3/3 - Naval move, detailed in file.

1) You say 12 + 3, but you don't have 12 + 3 in Belgrade to move, you have 17 + 2.
2) The CB file doesn't move out of Belgrade.

Should there be 13 + 2, Suleiman, Ibrahim in Szegedin now, leaving 4 + 0 in Belgrade, or something else?

Habbaku

There is a reason that I posted that Suleiman had Gout in the post you quoted...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on May 04, 2009, 01:01:44 PM
There is a reason that I posted that Suleiman had Gout in the post you quoted...

...I assume you're waiting on the Hapsburg response card to hit ACTS.  Where does the 3rd cavalry unit come from?

Habbaku

That's a typo.  Should be 13 regulars, 2 cavalry (15 total).

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Okay, played a 3 cp card. First cp moved Ferdinand and his entire stack to Worms. Phil of Hess failed to intercept. Second cp moved the regular from Brussels to Liege and the three regulars in Koln rolled double sixes.

Does ulmont want to intercept? A third cp remains after this.

Delirium

On second thought, I'm going to bed. Third cp controls Worms.

If ulmont wants to intercept he can roll the battle. My third cp would see Charles attack protestants in Liege in that case.