News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Delirium on April 27, 2009, 02:36:00 PM
So we need to hear from England and the Protestants about Diplomacy.

You're kidding, right?

The Protestants will continue on their merry conversion ways, although we would appreciate if France would put a monster stack of mercenaries in Italy at some point.

...nothing to announce.

Delirium

Well, I made it a point to make you feel involved, this is your first turn of real diplomacy after all. ;)
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Anyway, we still await England's announcements.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

I will leave instructions with the Pope, going to bed.

ehrie

England announces a merry divorce granted in exchange for two english cards to the popesmith. That is all.

Habbaku

Now to wait for Tamas to propose anything of his own.

In the meantime, the Habsburgs should post their DoWs and spring deployment...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

France (Tamas) proposes the following (all of which the Pope will accept, strangely enough):

1 card to the Pope
1 merc to the Pope
A white peace with the Pope
Alliance with the Pope
Loan of 1 naval squadron to the Pope.

The Pope accepts the cards from England and grants the divorce.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

The Pope graciously removes his excommunication of King Francis.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Hapsburg DOW:

The Hapsburgs declare war on Venice.

The Pope is outraged, OUTRAGED I SAY! at this act of naked aggression, and kindly agrees to take the Venetians under their protection.

The Papacy and the Hapsburgs are now at war.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

What card is the Papacy using to pay for their intervention?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

That depends on what I get from France and England.

0 rows returned

Delirium

My Spring Deployment is Alva 4+1 to Gibraltar and I used good old Venetian Informant to pay for the DoW.

Sent a file with the diplo stuff and my and Habs's SD's. Of course I forgot to adjust the power card stuff.

Tamas

Gave the card to the Pope. Of course it turned out to be an event useful for me. Dammit.

Delirium

Spring Deployments from England, France and the Pope, then we can begin turn 3.

Berkut

0 rows returned