News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehrie

I have a winter. I don't have a board infront of me, but I know I have three regulars in scotland, I want two of them back to london. That is all.

Delirium

I had Nervaez two turns in a row?  :rolleyes:
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Okay, this is open diplomacy.

I've managed to contain the Protestants somewhat, but with a lot of effort. It is my belief that I need another turn to bring them down to size, so the good Pope may launch his counter-reform, lest we should find Luther within easy reach of 50 spaces. Just imagine some more translations with ulmont dice if you don't believe me.

And then there is the problem of the Ottomans. Even though they should be commended for showing restraint (and "only" taking Rhodes) we must be aware that they have easy vp coming, they have not taken Buda, they have not built a single corsair but are at 15 vp already, thanks to Protestant philanthropy and smoking piracy dice. The fleet in Algiers is already almost impossible to handle, thanks to Barbarossa and if they combine both fleets they will own the Mediterranean, and there is nothing I can do about it.

In short: I have my hands full policing this game. The Ottomans are already doing well and I need help or they will sail away (literally) with the win. Any events that could affect their naval power in the first place and Suleiman's army in the second should, and ought to, be played. That is my honest opinion, or I believe the Ottomans may very well win next turn. They may do so anyway.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Tamas

I am prepared to not backstab and pwn the Habsburgs this turn, at the price of white peace with Pope (and removal of my excommunication obviously).

Delirium

That was not the reaction I was hoping for.  :(

Berkut

Tamas just doesn't get it.

You had your chance to get a peace cheap, and you refused. Now you have forced me to spend cards on you, and you expect the price to go down? If I was going to give you a white peace, why in the world would I waste my home card excommunicating you? If you want to go to war with the Hapsburgs, go right ahead and spend the card to do so. You are already down 1 card from excommunication, you can spend another to go to war, then fight me and the Hapsburgs with your remaining cards. Good luck with that.

Del: There is no way the Ottomans are winning this turn. They need 10 VPs, and they can get maybe 4, at best. They are going to win however, if we don't start slowing them down, but you can do that pretty much single handed if you can focus on it.

Given France intransigence on his pet war, I propose that England goes to war with France and kicks their teeth in so the Hapsburgs can focus on the Ottomans without interference from the continents emoKing. I would be willing to consider a relatively inexpensive divorce so England can use their home card to DOW France. England should get in touch with me privately to discuss the details of this.

Assuming we can come to some agreement on this (this is also assuming France stays insane, maybe he will come around!) I would be willing to then focus on slowing down the Protestants, as best I can with his insane dice.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

The Pope possesses a certain directness which is appealing. I don't have anything to add to his message to the French, except that blackmailing player A and threaten to sabotage player B's efforts to stop player C from winning doesn't often work.

Regarding the Ottomans, next turn should be read as turn 4, not this turn. 

ehrie

Leave Del alone this turn, he has the turks and the Prottys to check. I want to go on my merry childbirthing way, if you make me dow you I will make you sue to peace.

Berkut

Sounds off when you are done with diplomacy, please.

0 rows returned

Berkut

0 rows returned

Delirium

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Ottomans have nothing to announce during diplomacy.

No new DoWs.

Spring deployment : Suleiman, Ibrahim and 11 regulars to Belgrade.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Papacy is done, and so is France. Tamas went to sleep.

0 rows returned

Delirium

So we need to hear from England and the Protestants about Diplomacy.

I have nothing to announce.