News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

And I pass as well, so it's the Pope's turn.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

As discussed with Del, I don't think that Berkut's play will affect mine, but am fine with rewinding to his impulse if he is going to do so, so I'm going ahead with my play.

The Battle of Buda/Mohacs (in which Tamas' ancestors sold weapons to the Turks and told the local authorities where the Gypsies were) predictably resulted in a victory for the Turks, with two hits taking place (1 lost regular, 1 lost cavalry).

The Habsburg alliance is activated--handing over Bohemia to the Empire even as the Hungarians sell themselves out.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Agree on everything.

Pope Berkut needs to play his two 1 cp cards, then his play for the previous impulse (wouldn't mind him moving up the Venetian fleets).

Then Habs's Buda attack kicks in.

I don't want to do my turn until I've seen the Pope's play. I'll probably pass though.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Del, my fleets cannot help you, since I am not at war with the Ottomans.

I play UNpaid Mercs for 3 more CPs to St. Petes.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

No worries, as long as they winter in Corfu, we'll be okay.

Delirium

I believe your St Pete's count is wrong, I had already adjusted the track for the 2 x 1 cp, giving you a vp in the process. Your 3 cp card should have placed you just below the "add a vp" space, not on it.

ulmont

Ok, so:

Current impulse:

Ottomans crush Buda.  0-1 plays remaining.
Hapsburgs are up.  0-2 plays remaining.
England passes out.  0 plays remaining.
France has 0 cards.  0 plays remaining.
Papacy has 1 card + 1 home card.  1-2 plays remaining.
Protestants pass out.  0 plays remaining.

Ok, you three (Habs / Del / Berkut) sort out the turn winding down...

Berkut

Quote from: Delirium on May 06, 2009, 02:21:49 AM
The Pope plays his second 1 cp card to St Pete's (is not included in my file).

So this was just meant to be confusing?

Did you update the ACTS VP tracker?

0 rows returned

Delirium

I sent at least one file after that file, including one called minorfixes, but I agree that particular post would be confusing.

I did adjust the ACTS vp tracker.

Delirium

Berkut

I will trust you to fix everything so it is as it should be. Because at this point I have no idea.

0 rows returned

Delirium

Did my move, built a sqaudron and moved my fleet to shelter in Messina.

Pope Berk is up.

I dare say that everything is now as it should be.

Berkut

Papal Bull for 4 CPs, all into St. Petes, passing out the turn.

0 rows returned

Delirium

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Event

#66: 3 / Akinji Raiders

Message from Ottoman:
Playable as event if Ottoman is at war with a power and Ottoman cavalry is within 2 spaces of a space controlled by that same target power. Any intervening space must be controlled by Ottoman. Ottoman draws a card at random from the target power and keeps it in his hand

I'd like a card now, please.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien