News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Quote from: ulmont on May 12, 2009, 10:02:50 AMI don't need to announce that I'm done.  The private diplo state normally lasts 1 or 2 days, not 5. 

Tamas said he was going to respond to PMs from Berlin, and apparently did, so can we just get a move on?

You don't need to announce?  :huh:

I'm sorry, I didn't realise how painful it must be for you to actually post here and discuss the game.

Said Hungarian replied to my pm, I have no idea about those other pm's of his.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

:frusty:  I already announced my diplomacy.  Just post yours already.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Announcing:

White peace with the Pope and alliance and the loan of their fleets.

Alliance with France and the loan of their fleets, as well as the transfer of Metz and them giving me a card draw.

I believe that's it. I need to see the whole shebang before announcing my Spring Deployment though (yeah I know, I'm really keeping this game on hold).
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on May 12, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
:frusty:  I already announced my diplomacy.  Just post yours already.

I was writing it.

I know people are joking when they insinuate that I'm holding up the game but it could easily become irritating.

ehrie

Berkut

Pope accepts the white peace and alliance with the hapsburgs, including the laon of the papal and venetian fleets.

Nothing else to announce.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Habbaku

Assuming the Frogs confirm the stuff posted, we're clear to move on to spring deployments (unless anyone has any DoWs?).

I've already posted mine.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

Mine moves all my forces save one regular from London to Calais.

Habbaku

You can only transport 5 units (and any number of leaders) via one sea-zone during spring deployment.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

I confirm the french-habsburg deal. My SD is both  leaders and all troops expect for a single regular from Paris to Boulogne, under operation Keep The English Honest 2

Delirium

Good. Making a file with everything. I SD everything but a regular to Gibraltar.

I then play Halley's Comet to skip the first Ottoman impulse.

Delirium

Attacked Algiers with 26 dice against 15, won 11 hits vs 8.

5 Ottoman squadrons and a corsair hit the bottom, 3 Venetian and one Habsburg die as well. A single corsair remains.

England is up.

ehrie

England: Play Card as Active Event
#110: 4 / War with Persia

Message from England:
Ottoman player must remove 5 land units from the map and place them (along with any leaders desired) on this Foreign War card. Persians start with 3 land units. If Ottoman strength drops below 5 land units, all new Ottoman land unit builds must be placed on card until total of 5 is restored

With the Sultan's Armies busy in the West the Persians strike in the East.

Berkut

Dang, Habs is going to be cranky today. I am going to turn off google mail chat.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned