And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

4 CP into the English new Testament
1 mercenary in Koln.

Protestants will pass out the turn unless Del absentmindedly wanders onto an electorate.

Over to Habbaku's Ottomans.

Habbaku

Ottomans pass for the moment.  Off to the Habsburgs.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Our glorious Empire recruits three mercenaries in Vienna and sends the turn on to Pope Berkster VII since both England and France pass.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

And the Pope finally burns some books with competency, converting Linz, Graz and Trieste back to Christ.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

I believe that brings it back to the Ottomans.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

If the play gets around to me twice more, my next 2 plays are both 1-CP cards into St. Petes.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

Okay, I built two fleets and sent out a file, so it's back to Habbaku again after that St Petes effort.

Delirium

Uh, the turn is nearing the end I believe. Did Tamas ever send someone his vital last card play?

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

My dramatic last card play:

France: Play Card as Operations
#35: 1 / Siege Artillery

Message from France:
build a merc to Paris

Delirium

Delirium

Okay, implementing everything. The order of the previous impulse was:

Habs passing
I build fleets
England passing
France building a merc
Pope playing a 1 cp card to St Pete's
ulmont passes

This impulse so far is

Habs passes

Delirium

I played my home card to explore, colonize and move my fleet to the Tyrrhenian Sea.

The Pope plays his second 1 cp card to St Pete's (is not included in my file).

Back to the Ottomans.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien