News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

I played Cloth Prices Fluctuate, drew a card and placed two mercs in Antwerp.

England is up to draw a card thanks to those very cloth prices and do their turn.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Quote from: Delirium on April 14, 2009, 01:22:09 AMNoting the strong Protestant opening we know that everyone understands that there are only two powers who benefit, and that is Luther himself, and also the Ottomans. We, the Habsburg Empire, will, and must, see it as our responsibility to contain the heretics but in doing so must commit resources otherwise best used elsewhere. We know the heathen Turks will take advantage of the situation, but we also know that the rest of Europe will  instead see the logic in helping us defend civilization against this threat.

I'd like to quote myself after my first impulse, turn one.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Even though it may seem like I'm talking to myself, I'd like to announce that I'll be away on semi-holiday starting this evening to Sunday. It is probable that I can't access the board during that time, but I think I will be able to check in here a few times and on ACTS and hopefully keep the game moving anyway with some help.

ehrie

England: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 1

Message from England:
+1 drm for Jane.

Played my home card to move the shindig along, but alas it's a 2 with Jane's +1. Bring on the next biznitch! On to Tamas, not bothering with sending out  file for that.

Delirium

Hmm, didn't expect the game not to have gone anywhere. This was my only chance to check in for 48 hours, so see you later.

Berkut

Quote from: Delirium on April 30, 2009, 03:40:11 AM
Hmm, didn't expect the game not to have gone anywhere. This was my only chance to check in for 48 hours, so see you later.

It does seem hard to believe, until you realize who is up...:P
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on April 30, 2009, 07:25:58 AM
Quote from: Delirium on April 30, 2009, 03:40:11 AM

It does seem hard to believe, until you realize who is up...:P

:rolleyes: Languish was down than I was sleeping. Give me a break.

I play my home card for yet another VP. I shall update ACTS, won't send a file though.

ulmont

Quote from: Tamas on April 30, 2009, 10:57:26 AM
:rolleyes: Languish was down than I was sleeping. Give me a break.

ACTS was always up...

...over to you, Popey.

Berkut

You know Tamas, you could have played your home card for a VP at any point in the turn.

Instead, you play it now rather than send your fleet to sea, and making it that much easier for you to be pirated.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Protestants are up.

Pope sent his fleets to sea.

0 rows returned

ulmont

Summary: finished the German Bible, converted Hamburg, Trier (again), Innsbruck, Linz, Graz.

QuoteProtestant  Play Card as Operations  #82: 2 / Janissaries Rebel

Message from Protestant:
1 CP to German Bible; Commit Luther to finish the Bible.
1 CP to French New Testament

QuoteProtestant  Die roll request  Request: 6-sided die x 5

Message from Protestant:
German Bible 1/6 (all results +1).

Hamburg:
4 Protestant dice (4 adjacent).
1 Papal die.

Protestant dice first.

Protestant  Die roll request  Request: 6-sided die x 7

Message from Protestant:
German bible 2/6 (Protestant dice +1)

Trier.
3 Protestant dice (2 adj. sp., 1 adj. stack)
4 Papal dice (1 adj. sp., 1 stack in prov, 1 adj. stack)

Protestant first.

Protestant  Die roll request  Request: 6-sided die x 4

Message from Protestant:
German Bible 3/6

Augsburg.
3 Prot dice (2 adj. sp., 1 adj. reformer)
1 Papal die (default, all adjacent modifiers across pass)

Prot dice first.

Protestant  Die roll request  Request: 6-sided die x 6

Message from Protestant:
(previous was Innsbruck, sorry, misread the map)

German Bible 4/6, Linz.

2 Protestant dice (2 adj. sp.)
4 Papal dice (2 adj. sp., 2 adj. stacks)

Prot dice first.

Message from Protestant:
German Bible 5/6, Vienna.

1 Protestant die.
5 Papal dice.

Protestant die first.

Message from Protestant:
German Bible 6/6, Graz.

1 Protestant die.
5 Papal dice.

Protestant die first.

Ottomans are up.

Habbaku

The Ottomans play Machiavelli to raise 2 cavalry in Nezh.

Habsburgs are up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote#76: 4 / Foreign Recruits

Message from Hapsburgs:
I build two mercs in Tunis, one merc in Trier and one merc in Augsburg (if there are counters available), if not two in Augsburg.

No board available so it's from memory (= no file). England is up.

ehrie

England: Play Card as Operations
#83: 3 / John Zapolya

Message from England:
1 Regular + 1 Merc to Calais

I don't have access to a board. Tamas can you please put Del's and my play into it?

Delirium

Jesus. How many units can you possibly fit into a small English foothold on the continent?