News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

This is just bad play on my part, and pretty unnecessary too. I was in Salzburg before my second impulse, had three cp and moved on Trier and Augsburg and then moved Alva, anticipating a 1-in-10 scenario in the Med. Third cp to control Salzburg instead, if I had read the rules correctly, and I wouldn't have to waste an impulse to correct that mistake.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ehrie

England: Play Card as Operations
#74: 5 / Diplomatic Overture

Message from England:
3/5 Place a Colony
5/5 1x Fleet to Calais

File shortly.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on April 22, 2009, 01:45:27 PM
Well altough indeed I am younger, smarter, and more handsome than you, I am also less French, so maybe that's why. :P
:lol:  Ouch.  That water snorted out the nose hurt!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Tamas

France: Play Card as Operations
#77: 2 / Fountain of Youth

Message from France:
Send an explorer

Someone place it on the map please

Delirium

Hmm, another race to the other side of the world!

That puts Pope Berk up.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on April 25, 2009, 04:52:15 AM
France: Play Card as Operations
#77: 2 / Fountain of Youth

Message from France:
Send an explorer

Someone place it on the map please

That won't be necessary.

Papacy: Play Card as Event

#98: 2 / Search for Cibola

Message from Papacy:
Cancel a Voyage of Exploration or Conquest that is underway. Remove the Exploration Underway, Conquest Underway or Conquest marker for the targeted power and place it on the Turn Track to reenter play next turn and to serve as a reminder that this power may not launch another voyage of this type until next turn

Cancel the French explorer.

Protestants are up.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Question, if you use Fuggers twice in a turn, is it -2 cards next round?

Habbaku

It's impossible to use Fuggers twice in one turn.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

You also cannot use Luther to pull a card that's been used as an event.

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on April 25, 2009, 12:29:35 PM
You also cannot use Luther to pull a card that's been used as an event.

Not true.  The Protestants can retrieve any card so long as they, themselves, have not played it as event.  Even if they retrieve a card someone else has played as event, however, they may still not play it as event themselves, per rule 11, "Playing a card as an event".

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

ehrie

Delirium