And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on April 22, 2009, 12:07:09 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 22, 2009, 12:04:08 PM
I am playing emotionally now, so who knows?

Right now, you're not playing at all.  Which is strange, since it's your turn.

How in gods name can you confuse me with Tamas?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on April 22, 2009, 12:07:35 PM
Or possibly Tamas's French.

Just making sure someone was paying attention.  :goodboy:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on April 22, 2009, 12:07:39 PM
:berkut:

Where'd you get that sign?  Did you steal it?  I'm calling Strix.  Don't bother getting your gun, I heard he was bulletproof.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

And that puts Habs firmly in the lead in the "mixing up the turn order" category!
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Quote from: ulmont on April 22, 2009, 12:04:12 PM
Probably not, although the zap all mercenaries event is always fun.

That is a fun event, but it's neither a response card or a "combat card".  :smarty:
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on April 22, 2009, 11:51:49 AM

"Don't try to stop me from winning or I will throw the game to someone else!"

That's the universal and only Languish diplomacy strategy I have seen in all of the HIS games.  :lol:

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on April 22, 2009, 01:22:54 PM
That's the universal and only Languish diplomacy strategy I have seen in all of the HIS games.  :lol:

It's your turn.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on April 22, 2009, 01:32:17 PM
Quote from: Tamas on April 22, 2009, 01:22:54 PM

It's your turn.

I know.

Tamas

France: Play Card as Event
#100: 2 / Shipbuilding

Message from France:
Not playable by Protestant. Add 2 new squadrons in any controlled home port (or 1 squadron in each of two home ports). Ottoman may choose to substitute 2 corsairs for each naval squadron.

One to Rouen, one to Marseille

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on April 22, 2009, 12:08:09 PM

How in gods name can you confuse me with Tamas?

Well altough indeed I am younger, smarter, and more handsome than you, I am also less French, so maybe that's why. :P

ehrie

Well, I imagine if the French rampage up and down Italy they could make the price of peace an English divocery. However, I could gift you Merc Grow Restless to ensure he can't take any keys from you for the same price via play of the Diplomatic Overture card.

Habbaku

:lol:  Yes, France will fight to get England a divorce.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

Seeing as Tamas already offered it to me if I helped him in his Italian escapades, laugh all you like heathen. :P

Habbaku

Interesting how that's contingent on the Pope actually being willing to grant such a favor, since there is zero that Tamas can do to actually force the issue.

Good luck.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Play Card as Operations

#85: 3 / Katherina Bora

Message from Papacy:
1/3: Merc in Rome
3/3: 4 mercs from Rome to Florence
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned