News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Given the card I got from Del, I am going to withdraw my offer of peace with France.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

I fixed the Revolt in Egypt play.  Things like that should be played as Active Events, not just "events".
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Given the number of times I played the card I felt it would count as "active".
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

File sent to deal with the revolt as well as a corrected Habsburg SD.

Papacy still needs to rejigger their SD and France still needs to come to terms with its own SD and a potential peace with the Pope.

Meanwhile, unless Ehrie thinks that stuff will affect him, England is up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on April 20, 2009, 03:44:42 PM
Given the card I got from Del, I am going to withdraw my offer of peace with France.

Perfectly legal play.

QuoteAnnouncements can be made as individual items, or as a group of agreements that need to be ratified together. All powers involved in an agreement that follow later in Impulse Order must confirm all the contents of this declaration when it is their turn in the Impulse Order. If they do not confirm the full deal, NONE of the items in the agreement take effect. If the agreement is confirmed by all parties, the players immediately change the game state by updating diplomatic status, marking and moving loaned naval squadrons, returning army leaders, changing political control of spaces, drawing random cards, and exchanging mercenaries.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

You guys talk way too much. So whats up with me and Schalmalkaldic leauge?

And no, I am not going to be robbed for making a favor for the Pope. So no peace. BTW the Pope like has no fleets now, correct?

ulmont

Quote from: Tamas on April 20, 2009, 04:02:44 PM
You guys talk way too much. So whats up with me and Schalmalkaldic leauge?

In some alternate universe where Del didn't fuck up his play of the League turn 1, you would have drawn it on turn 2.  For now, no difference, it stays in Del's hand.

Quote from: Tamas on April 20, 2009, 04:02:44 PM
And no, I am not going to be robbed for making a favor for the Pope. So no peace. BTW the Pope like has no fleets now, correct?

Correct.

Berkut

Nope, no fleets. You should invade.

0 rows returned

Delirium

I think we excel in talking.

Seems everything is in order, except Berk's SD. Then it's England.

Berkut

No SD. I have to defend Rome from the suddenly incredibly aggressive French.

You can see the lie of his claim to desire a "white peace".

0 rows returned

Delirium

Oops, I thought France had said they had no SD, they should get a chance to declare SD right before yours.

Tamas

My SD: Francis, 4 regulars, 3 mercs from Paris to Grenoble (IIRC I cant SD through passes)

Habbaku

Good.  Ehrie, please perform France's spring when you do your own file.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on April 20, 2009, 04:16:12 PM
My SD: Francis, 4 regulars, 3 mercs from Paris to Grenoble (IIRC I cant SD through passes)

You also cannot SD with more troops than your leader can command.

0 rows returned