News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

I think that the Pope is the real threat and that we should all concentrate our efforts on knocking him down a peg.

I humbly offer my soldiers for the task.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I am the consumate "stop everyone else from winning" player in this game. I might get a win, but only if I get real lucky with card draws and grab Copernicus or something.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

You see?  Even now, he admits to having Copernicus in his hand.

I'd prefer if no one looked in the removed-from-play pile after reading that statement.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

My ass is sore from last turn. Go rape Habbaku this turn, everybody.

Delirium

Quote from: Berkut on July 01, 2009, 11:12:10 AM
I am the consumate "stop everyone else from winning" player in this game. I might get a win, but only if I get real lucky with card draws and grab Copernicus or something.

That is even truer for me.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Charles was supposed to go to Valladolid as well, let's place him there in an SD file in the near future.

ulmont

File TODO:

1) Jesuit college in Bristol.
2) Jesuit college in Dijon.
3) Charles to Valladolid.

Delirium

I offer an alliance to France and the Pope, that's it.

Habbaku

Ottomans offer an alliance to England and the Protestants.

Potentially more to come in the DoW segment, assuming the Habsburgs don't sue for peace.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

France confirms alliance with Habsburg and offers alliance to the Pope.

War with England shall rage on unless I receive the scottish key.

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on July 03, 2009, 02:46:34 AMassuming the Habsburgs don't sue for peace.

That would be an unexpected move, wouldn't it?

Habbaku

Ehrie is up to announce whether he's doing anything or not.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

Sueing for peace against the terribad chin armies. ditching a merc in london and one in the key west of there. getting back my key for another VP. No other announcements. Preparing to put the hurt on the French.

Delirium

Don't have the rules available, I suppose that means I get Antwerp back?