And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on July 07, 2009, 10:37:30 AM
Whyare all the Venetian fleets gone?

While I couldn't tell you, I note that all four Venetian fleets were in the "Military Units - Independent" tray as of Del's last move in Turn 6, before the wintering started.

Berkut

I am trying to remember some huge fleet battle that sank them all, but nothing comes to mind.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on July 07, 2009, 10:45:18 AM
I am trying to remember some huge fleet battle that sank them all, but nothing comes to mind.

They all started Turn 6 in that tray, too.

Berkut

Must have been soemthing, they were in the "dead" pile on Turn 4. Too many games at once.

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on July 07, 2009, 10:46:28 AM
Must have been soemthing, they were in the "dead" pile on Turn 4. Too many games at once.

There was a massive naval battle in Turn 4 (entries 327-330), looks like, 26 Hapsburg dice to 15 Ottoman dice.  Del must have cheerfully taken all the losses on Venetian ships?

Also, Berk, don't forget to add Gardiner to the debater mix.

Delirium

Quote from: ulmont on July 07, 2009, 10:29:33 AMI don't see a way to do this without crossing a pass (forbidden) or a sea zone (limited to 5), so Charles and 1+4 can make it, leaving 0+1 in Valladolid.

I thought I had five guys there...
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Turn 4 destroyed the Ottoman fleet (now rebuilt) and the Venetians saw the brunt of the fighting.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 3

Message from Ottoman:
Three dice for the piracy attempt--only 1 port, but +2 dice from Dragut.

And we're off.  The Ottomans play Spanish Inquisition to set their fleet to moving on out...and hitting the Adriatic ports of the Habsburgs, getting two hits in the process.

Need to know whether Del's giving me cards or VPs (or someone's playing Foul Weather to stop me from moving/pirating).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

I have a port on the Adriatic? Why?  :huh:

And why do you never roll less than two hits on three piracy dice?  :huh:

I'll give you one card and one vp.

Delirium

And the chances, rather than 1 in 6, of that turning out to be my best card were...?

Habbaku

:yeah:

Remaining 2 CPs -

4/5 - Suleiman and all troops to Amsterdam.
5/5 - Control Amsterdam.

Off to Del.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on July 08, 2009, 10:27:12 AM
:yeah:

Remaining 2 CPs -

4/5 - Suleiman and all troops to Amsterdam.
5/5 - Control Amsterdam.

Off to Del.

Just WTF

Habbaku

I'm just spreading Islam 500 years early.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

People simply DO NOT understand the power of alliances. If someone is offering an alliance, you really have to ask yourself why, and what they will gain out of it, and what you have to gain by giving it to them.

Freaking Ottomans on the English Channel. :facepalm:

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on July 08, 2009, 10:39:38 AM
If someone is offering an alliance, you really have to ask yourself why, and what they will gain out of it, and what you have to gain by giving it to them.

Why - because Habbaku thinks he can win through Hapsburg keys.
What They Will Gain - SD straight to the Low Countries.
What I Have To Gain - no worries about Hapsburgs interfering with me.  He'll be a bit busy.   ;)