Request: 6-sided die x 6

Message from England:
Hapsburg Colonies

+1 Card, Hispanola eaten by natives

England: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 4

Message from England:
English Colonies

Galleon gets me a card. NE on the other.

Delirium

This is a good illustration of one of the few rules in HIS that really doesn't make sense. The excess units in Calais are not allowed to winter in Brussels, but have to go to Valladolid instead, taking attrition. Now, units in an unfortified space adjacent to two fortified spaces are allowed to split to those fortresses without having to go the capital. No logic, but at least I was aware of it beforehand.

Fleets to Messina and Corunna.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Tamas

My king's stack goes to Paris, my other leader and all units in excess of 4 in Milan go to Paris as well

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on June 29, 2009, 07:54:19 AM
Papal Winter:

2 mercs from Florence to Rome
2 regulars from Turin to Florence
1+1 from Turin to Ravenna

I don't think you can do this.  Land units in unfortified spaces have to return to the home capital or to the nearest fortified space.  Modena is the closest fortified space, and it's full, so everything from Turin has to go to Rome.  I'm guessing at that point you'd leave the mercs in Florence, but correct me if I am wrong.

ulmont

Quote from: Delirium on June 29, 2009, 02:50:17 PM
This is a good illustration of one of the few rules in HIS that really doesn't make sense. The excess units in Calais are not allowed to winter in Brussels, but have to go to Valladolid instead, taking attrition.

Why would these units take attrition?  You're allied with france, and paths can be traced over any number of sea zones without needing a friendly unit, so Calais -> Valladolid should be a no-brainer?

ulmont

Sent out a winter file.  Papal winter modified as noted above, and no attrition to the Hapsburgs as I read the rules (correct me, again).

Hand size calculations:

Ottomans: 5 (keys) + 2 (saved) + 0 (sultan) + 0 (bonus) = 7.
Hapsburgs: 5 (keys) + 0 (saved) + 0 (charles) + 1 (bonus) = 6.
England: 3 (keys) + 0 (saved) + 1 (henry) + 1 (bonus) = 5.
France: 3 (keys) + 0 (saved) + 0 (henry) + 0 (bonus) = 3.
Papacy: 4 (keys) + 1 (saved) + 1 (paul iii) + 0 (bonus) = 6.
Protestants: 4 (electorates) + 1 (saved) + 0 (calvin) + 0 (bonus) = 5.

ulmont

forgot to nuke the alliances, though, in the winter file.

Berkut

Quote from: ulmont on July 01, 2009, 08:58:14 AM
Quote from: Berkut on June 29, 2009, 07:54:19 AM
Papal Winter:

2 mercs from Florence to Rome
2 regulars from Turin to Florence
1+1 from Turin to Ravenna

I don't think you can do this.  Land units in unfortified spaces have to return to the home capital or to the nearest fortified space.  Modena is the closest fortified space, and it's full, so everything from Turin has to go to Rome.  I'm guessing at that point you'd leave the mercs in Florence, but correct me if I am wrong.

Sure I can. Look at the order. You can move units from a fortified space to home.

So the units from Florence go to Rome.
Then the units from Turin need to go home, and they have to go to the nearest fortified space that is not already full - so Modena is full, so they can go to Florence. Once Florence becomes full, they can then go Ravenna.

They go to the nearest unfortified space that can hold them, or to the capital.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Also, during the mandatory events phase, I will place a Jesuit college in Bristol and Dijon

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on July 01, 2009, 09:15:03 AM
Then the units from Turin need to go home, and they have to go to the nearest fortified space that is not already full - so Modena is full, so they can go to Florence. Once Florence becomes full, they can then go Ravenna.

I don't read the rule as allowing that option.  I read it as allowing you to stack the nearest fortified space to 4 and then requiring any excess to be sent to the capital.

Berkut

Hmmm, you might be right - it does seem to suggest that the option is the nearest fort, then home if the nearerst fort(s) is full.

Quote2. Return Units: Now review all land units in unfortified spaces
and in fortified spaces not controlled by their major power. These
units must either:
• Return to their home capital, or
• Return to the nearest fortified space controlled by their power
(but not if that would put more than 4 land units in that space).
The nearest space is always computed using a direct path to the
destination without regard to which power controls any of the
intervening spaces.

0 rows returned

ehrie

England: Play Card as Event
#15: 2 / Society of Jesus

Message from England:
Since it's turn 7, this gets resolved now.

As Berkut already pointed out, this needs to be placed.

Habbaku

Let diplomacy begin, then.

If only to light a fire under this game once more, I suggest we set a deadline for diplomacy to end by Friday.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Some general observations:

The Ottomans are now the power that needs to be beat down a little bit. I think I can hold the Protestants off, if I am left alone to do so.

The Hapsburgs need to turn and either retake Vienna or something like that. It is very possible that the Ottomans DOW the Pope in an effort to get some keys in Italy. Maybe not though, hard to say. He can probably win just by piracy, so we can't really be passive against him.

0 rows returned