News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on June 26, 2009, 11:56:00 AM
I would take that fight everytime, unless I had some other plan.

Like playing Treachery, since you're up?  :P

Berkut

Quote from: ulmont on June 26, 2009, 12:06:02 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 26, 2009, 11:56:00 AM
I would take that fight everytime, unless I had some other plan.

Like playing Treachery, since you're up?  :P

Is someone going to send out a file in this game other than me?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on June 26, 2009, 12:12:50 PM
Is someone going to send out a file in this game other than me?

Habbaku and I have been pretty good about sending files; you just had the bad luck to play after the Power Trio.

Berkut

How did that English merc get into London? I thought there was only a regular there - did I miss it earlier?

0 rows returned

Berkut

Either way, the Hapsburgs lost 1 merc in the assault, and the English lost nothing.

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on June 26, 2009, 12:35:20 PM
Either way, the Hapsburgs lost 1 merc in the assault, and the English lost nothing.

Why did you roll a Hapsburg assault, already, just assuming the Ottomans will pass?

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on June 26, 2009, 12:33:19 PM
How did that English merc get into London? I thought there was only a regular there - did I miss it earlier?

There was a regular on the London space, and a merc in the London box at the top of the map.  Del moved the merc down onto the space.

Berkut

Play Smallpox for 4 CPs, call a debate in England, Pole against Tyndale, which I win 2-1 and flip Shrewsbury.

Last CP
4/4: Naval move
1 squadron to Ionian, 1 to north African Coast.

I assume you all realize that Jeromey is playing you, and won't be doing anything against England? He is going to try to win this with his last two cards.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: ulmont on June 26, 2009, 12:38:50 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 26, 2009, 12:35:20 PM

Why did you roll a Hapsburg assault, already, just assuming the Ottomans will pass?

Are they not passing?

Why did you say I was up then?

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on June 26, 2009, 12:44:39 PM

Because you were up, England having played their last card and *France* having passed.

Now I pass, so the Ottomans are up again, and after that the Hapsburg assault comes in.

Berkut

Quote from: ulmont on June 26, 2009, 12:50:22 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 26, 2009, 12:44:39 PM

Because you were up, England having played their last card and *France* having passed.

Now I pass, so the Ottomans are up again, and after that the Hapsburg assault comes in.

Oh, I thought that Hapsburg play happened *before* I went - isn't that the case?

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on June 26, 2009, 12:51:28 PM
Oh, I thought that Hapsburg play happened *before* I went - isn't that the case?

I don't think so, since Del posted it right after he evaded the English attack; I assumed it was just his next move coming, since he's offline until Sunday.

Berkut

Right, then ignore that entire thing. It was kind of a lame attack anyway - I thought there was only 1 troop in London, hence pretty good odds that it works.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

I will pass, unless the Habsburgs think it eminently helpful that I nuke the English mercenaries somewhere.

FYI, I'm currently in Virginia, so my time between responses will not be anywhere near what I normally do.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on June 26, 2009, 01:10:30 PM
I will pass, unless the Habsburgs think it eminently helpful that I nuke the English mercenaries somewhere.

Since they are at an undisclosed but offline location, doubtful.

So the Habsburgs are up, and would do their assault on London that Berk already rolled, then build a merc in Brussels, and then move that stack to Calais for a siege, as per Del earlier:

Quote from: DeliriumI'll spend a 3 cp card to attack London, build a merc in Brussels, then move everything to Calais.

Ehrie would be up, but he's out of cards, so Tamas is up.