News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehrie

I have no game file anymore as I said last time I was able to get on. How many units do I have in Calais at the moment?

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ehrie

And Treachery on London makes no sense at all. If I get any lucky dice which I'm kind of due that whole 5 CPs can go to waste. You don't play that card unless you are sure it's going to work.

ehrie

England: Play Card as Operations
#43: 3 / Zwingli Dons Armour

Message from England:
This probably isn't going to work but what the hell.

2/3 Build 2 mercs in Calais.
3/3 Henry, Brandon and 10 units, leaving 2 regulars in Calais go to Antwerp.

ehrie

England: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 2

Message from England:
Can Tamas intercept?

French decide to be French instead of intercept.

Delirium

Well, Charles evaded on ACTS a while ago so it's the French.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Why did he do that? I have no idea what you people are doing, or why, anymore.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Yes WTF am I supposed to tackle the english army alone now?

ehrie

ehrie

The only way that makes sense if that card Habbaku has been menancing me with all turn is Mercs Demand Pay, in which case I was boned anyway.

Berkut

I guess we can hope.

Is France passing again?

Feel free to just tell us in advance, without the need to ask EVERY SINGLE TURN Tamas.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Delirium

:huh:

He had 14 dice against my 11 so he'll win and make me retreat anyway, with losses, so why take that battle?

Now I get to move on Calais, a smaller garrison, and he is out of cards. If he intercepts there's a battle, then Tamas can move on Antwerp with Treachery looming.

So what's your take on it?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Anyway, I'm offline until Sunday.

I'll spend a 3 cp card to attack London, build a merc in Brussels, then move everything to Calais.

Berkut

Quote from: Delirium on June 26, 2009, 10:42:11 AM
:huh:

He had 14 dice against my 11 so he'll win and make me retreat anyway, with losses, so why take that battle?

Now I get to move on Calais, a smaller garrison, and he is out of cards. If he intercepts there's a battle, then Tamas can move on Antwerp with Treachery looming.

So what's your take on it?

My take on a 11 v 14 fight is that it is nearly even odds, and losing the fight has no real negative (so you lose a couple troops, probably 3) but winning is huge.

I would take that fight everytime, unless I had some other plan.

0 rows returned