And we're back!

Main Menu

New boardgames

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 12:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

I read in Cosmo that if a man gets what he wants all the time you risk losing the spark.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Habbaku

Watch for the grumbling to pick up again when MB realizes he bought a game from AVP.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quote from: Habbaku on July 11, 2009, 12:31:02 PM
Watch for the grumbling to pick up again when MB realizes he bought a game from AVP.

Have no problems with their games. Sure the rules look like they are organized by a blind leper, but what wargame rules don't look like that?

Plus, I can get my wife to roll all the dice and play the games.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 11, 2009, 12:20:44 PMGrumbling canceled.

June 25th to July 10th? Where'd you order it from? Overseas?

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 11, 2009, 01:58:04 PM

AVP is notorious on CSW right now for failing at basic functions of being a business.  Namely, giving customers an item in exchange for the money paid.

Some people have started making bets as to whether it'll survive to see 2010.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on July 11, 2009, 02:01:36 PM
AVP is notorious on CSW right now for failing at basic functions of being a business.  Namely, giving customers an item in exchange for the money paid.

Well, with the titles they pour out every year, they seem to be doing fine.  Then again, I haven't bought one of their games in years.
I don't know why Mr. Perfect Life needs to order from AP anyway, they've peppered the landscape with their games.  Other than GMT, they're really the only titles you'll find in hobby stores.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 11, 2009, 01:58:04 PM

Home. Slow, but it did ship media mail.

Hilariously, packages sent home from Ireland was arriving within 7 days.

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 11, 2009, 04:51:00 PM
Hilariously, packages sent home from Ireland was arriving withing 7 days.

What the fuck would anyone want from Ireland?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on July 11, 2009, 04:58:29 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 11, 2009, 04:51:00 PM
Hilariously, packages sent home from Ireland was arriving withing 7 days.

What the fuck would anyone want from Ireland?

I was shipping home a leprechaun in 10 parts.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 11, 2009, 02:34:27 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on July 11, 2009, 02:01:36 PM

Well, with the titles they pour out every year, they seem to be doing fine.  Then again, I haven't bought one of their games in years.
I don't know why Mr. Perfect Life needs to order from AP anyway, they've peppered the landscape with their games.  Other than GMT, they're really the only titles you'll find in hobby stores.

Sadly, the Dayton area's hobby stores are gone or totally shit. If I want Fagmaster 40k, I can get that but anything with a board better be Risk or it isn't around.

Ed Anger

And a second copy of War Plan:Red plops into my mailbox. Har har.

Ed Anger

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien