Ed Anger

Quote from: Berkut on June 28, 2009, 09:58:09 AM
Nice Barney blanket there Seedy.

It is Velour.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 23, 2009, 05:57:18 PM
Quote from: Tamas on June 23, 2009, 09:49:57 AM
I like to receive lots of colorful boxes in the mail, even if they costed a fortune. ^_^

Bastards at UPS called me;  it's going to require a signature.  They won't leave it unattended at the door.

Then again, at that price, I suppose I should applaud them for being proactive.

I wish they always required a signature.  I've had stuff left out in the rain by the idiots.  And aa ordered a cuckoo clock a while back;  when they delivered it, they knocked once, then left it on the front steps where I knocked the package over when I opened the door.  Dumbasses.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 25, 2009, 08:48:48 AM
I wish goddamned Avalanche would send my War Plan Red.

*grumble*

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 02, 2009, 04:37:48 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 25, 2009, 08:48:48 AM
I wish goddamned Avalanche would send my War Plan Red.

*grumble*

lol, you could've rolled all those dice by now.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 25, 2009, 08:22:43 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 22, 2009, 05:10:34 PM
The problem with such a game is that you know, by mere virtue of its size, that it has never been playtested more than once or twice--and both times by the designer, rather than someone objectively judging it for game quirks.  I can't buy a game where there is not even a pretense of quality-control involved.

After further review, and nearly killing the cat with the whole damned thing, I've come to the conclusion that this is perhaps the most unplayable game ever invented.
Not by rules, mind you;  just in logistics alone.
You merely have to put as much time and effort as Admirals Leahy and King put into.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

saskganesh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 02, 2009, 05:10:43 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 25, 2009, 08:22:43 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 22, 2009, 05:10:34 PM
The problem with such a game is that you know, by mere virtue of its size, that it has never been playtested more than once or twice--and both times by the designer, rather than someone objectively judging it for game quirks.  I can't buy a game where there is not even a pretense of quality-control involved.

After further review, and nearly killing the cat with the whole damned thing, I've come to the conclusion that this is perhaps the most unplayable game ever invented.
Not by rules, mind you;  just in logistics alone.
You merely have to put as much time and effort as Admirals Leahy and King put into.

you'd need a turn timer clock so as to better mirror the RL decision cycles.
humans were created in their own image

PDH

We played 3 years of War in Europe in 9 months of weekend playing...then everyone but Mike discovered girls and the war ended.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on July 03, 2009, 12:13:15 PM
We played 3 years of War in Europe in 9 months of weekend playing...then everyone but Mike discovered girls and the war ended.
We did three years of Drang Nach Osten/Unentshieden back in college, but the fucking Germans quit when they realized they were going to be defending for the rest of the war. :mad:

It was: total madness.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: grumbler on July 03, 2009, 01:15:12 PM
Quote from: PDH on July 03, 2009, 12:13:15 PM
We did three years of Drang Nach Osten/Unentshieden back in college, but the fucking Germans quit when they realized they were going to be defending for the rest of the war. :mad:

It was: total madness.

:lol: Wargamers playing krauts can be a hoot.

You mean I can't has blitzkrieg in 1944?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 03, 2009, 02:27:26 PM
:lol: Wargamers playing krauts can be a hoot.

You mean I can't has blitzkrieg in 1944?

If you can even find one anymore.
Today's German gamer probably wouldn't use anything greater than 2-1 on the CRT, because that wouldn't be fair.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 03, 2009, 02:45:07 PM
Today's German gamer probably wouldn't use anything greater than 2-1 on the CRT, because that wouldn't be fair.
Back in the day, we had to adopt rules to stop the counter-sifters from spending hours just looking at opposing and own stacks to get that magical 5-1 +2 over-run.

They drove me fucking berserk.  You could fuck their wives whilest they just calculated their 22 June '41 moves, and they would not even be surprised to get home and find out they had a five-year-old daughter they didn't remember seeing before.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on July 03, 2009, 04:07:52 PM
You could fuck their wives whilest they just calculated their 22 June '41 moves, and they would not even be surprised to get home and find out they had a five-year-old daughter they didn't remember seeing before.

:lol:
LOLZ Tochter aus Elysium pwn3d.

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on July 03, 2009, 04:07:52 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 03, 2009, 02:45:07 PM
Back in the day, we had to adopt rules to stop the counter-sifters from spending hours just looking at opposing and own stacks to get that magical 5-1 +2 over-run.

They drove me fucking berserk.  You could fuck their wives whilest they just calculated their 22 June '41 moves, and they would not even be surprised to get home and find out they had a five-year-old daughter they didn't remember seeing before.

:lmfao:

One of the touches I love about OCS/SCS - you are not allowed to examine stacks before deciding attacks. Not even your own.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned