News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New boardgames

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 12:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Been reading more of Wargods. It is very well written and the many illustrations are great.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on July 21, 2009, 05:25:55 PMBeen reading more of Wargods. It is very well written and the many illustrations are great.

Yeah, I've been very impressed as well.  Hell of a deal for $30-something.

It's got some interesting mechanics as well;  I particularly like the concept of how your Harbinger can generate more Ka Points killing another Harbinger.

Some very interesting combat units as well.  I like the Embalmers.

The Brain

:yes:

Maybe we can not play it together some time.

CountDeMoney

Play? A game? Are you kidding?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Hey EdButt;  Avalanche Press just did a total overaul of all their destroyer counters.  For every game.

GWAS: DESTROYERS

New from Avalanche Press. A special download of 420 destroyers covering all the games in the Great War at Sea series. The small, multiple ship counters have now been expanded to full size with glorious top-down views. And it's FREE with any purchase of a naval game or two supplements. Already have them all? Write us, we'll make a deal.

http://www.consimworld.com/archives/002260.html

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 23, 2009, 04:37:13 PM
Hey EdButt;  Avalanche Press just did a total overaul of all their destroyer counters.  For every game.

New from Avalanche Press. A special download of 420 destroyers covering all the games in the Great War at Sea series. The small, multiple ship counters have now been expanded to full size with glorious top-down views. And it's FREE with any purchase of a naval game or two supplements. Already have them all? Write us, we'll make a deal.

Considering my art skills, I'd slit my wrist with safety scissors mounting counters.

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 23, 2009, 05:43:52 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 23, 2009, 04:37:13 PM

Considering my art skills, I'd slit my wrist with safety scissors mounting counters.

:x

Tamas

The Kaiser's Pirates is a fun card game about WW1 commerce raiding that can be fun for non-wargamers as well.

Which is part of the reason I like it, actually. Tell me a more obscure theme you can have non-grognards sit down and enjoy.

Ed Anger

Shit. I've got about 250 spare and I want some boardgames I likely never play. Like SPQR.  :(

Now I've got that shopping headache when I can't decide of what to get.

Habbaku

Give me an era/battle and I'll be happy to make some recommendations (though I can't promise that some won't be CDGs).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quote from: Habbaku on July 26, 2009, 06:05:24 PM
Give me an era/battle and I'll be happy to make some recommendations (though I can't promise that some won't be CDGs).

Ancients. Medieval.

Problem is, my mind is bouncing around right now and I'm hitting that indecision loop.

Ed Anger

I spazzed out and ordered SPQR and War Galley.  :blush:

Habbaku

Command and Colors : Ancients has a hojillion expansions and is easily playable with the missus, if you're up for playing a block game.  The second expansion has some of Sertorius' men to kick around in it.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 26, 2009, 06:16:34 PM
I spazzed out and ordered SPQR

I suggest printing out the living rules, then.

-J. R. R. Tolkien