News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on March 11, 2010, 08:44:42 PM
One more question about MP.  How is game speed handled?  What happens if someone has to pee or something?

usually at 3, but from time to time (usually during my repeated wars in the empire) it is slowed down by request for a short time, as long as nobody abuses that then that won't be an issue.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

katmai

Oh and Viking I haven't  gone after Bar as no CB on them as of yet.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

In 1530 The Hapsburgs ruled pretty much what I have now (with a few exceptions both ways, I don't have bohemia, but do have liguria)

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: katmai on March 11, 2010, 08:55:33 PM
Oh and Viking I haven't  gone after Bar as no CB on them as of yet.

Well, I don't mind. Bar has reliably both converted back to protestantism and neglected to get allies so it is a convenient place for me to collect Imperial Mojo Points.

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on March 11, 2010, 08:28:31 PM
Holy shit.  That HRE mechanic is just too powerful for either Austria or Bohemia (whichever one manages to lock up the elections).  Where is the Spanish Sweden anyway?

It is rather powerful, yes, but nothing a coalition couldn't bring down.  A determined group of, say, 60,000 Turks, 40,000 French, 20,000 English, 20,000 Swedes and 30,000 Spanish could force the Empire to the peace table and remove a lot of their vassals (not to mention releasing Italy back to its city-state format).

Naturally, the Russians would sit on the sidelines during this hypothetical war.  Then again, Viking might be encouraged to release some of those vassals of his just by the mere threat of war.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Oops, I forgot it's not a 1399 start.  I thought the blob conquered Netherlands during the session.

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on March 11, 2010, 09:04:10 PM
In 1530 The Hapsburgs ruled pretty much what I have now (with a few exceptions both ways, I don't have bohemia, but do have liguria)

And do have a plethora of vassals in Germany that they didn't have.  And don't have a rather large Schmalkaldic League forming up against you to prevent your rapacious ways.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on March 11, 2010, 09:06:02 PM
Oops, I forgot it's not a 1399 start.  I thought the blob conquered Netherlands during the session.

Yeah, I think that's actually the most overpowered bit of the 1492 setup for Austria.  If the war-aim of a potential coalition against Austria were merely to free the Netherlands/Flanders from the Emperor's grip then that would go a long way towards curbing Austria's power.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Why only 40k French ?

I can double that amount easily if need be.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on March 11, 2010, 09:05:29 PM

It is rather powerful, yes, but nothing a coalition couldn't bring down.  A determined group of, say, 60,000 Austrians, 40,000 French, 20,000 English, 20,000 Swedes and 30,000 Spanish could force the Ottoman Empire to the peace table and remove a lot of their vassals (not to mention releasing the Levant back to its city-state format).

Naturally, the Russians would sit on the sidelines during this hypothetical war.  Then again, Habbaku might be encouraged to release some of those vassals of his just by the mere threat of war.

there, fixed your post for you

Habbaku

I didn't want to make it seem like I was doing all the heavy lifting.  Then again, such a hypothetical coalition would probably see France gaining the most (what with taking all the Walloon provinces and freeing some of the Italian minors), so their contributing as much as possible would be nice.

That and I suspect Sweden and Britain's efforts would be...small until their current problems are settled.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on March 11, 2010, 09:13:24 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 11, 2010, 09:05:29 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 11, 2010, 08:28:31 PM

It is rather powerful, yes, but nothing a coalition couldn't bring down.  A determined group of, say, 60,000 Austrians, 40,000 French, 20,000 English, 20,000 Swedes and 30,000 Spanish could force the Ottoman Empire to the peace table and remove a lot of their vassals (not to mention releasing the Levant back to its city-state format).

Naturally, the Russians would sit on the sidelines during this hypothetical war.  Then again, Habbaku might be encouraged to release some of those vassals of his just by the mere threat of war.

there, fixed your post for you

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on March 11, 2010, 09:06:25 PM
Quote from: Viking on March 11, 2010, 09:04:10 PM

And do have a plethora of vassals in Germany that they didn't have.  And don't have a rather large Schmalkaldic League forming up against you to prevent your rapacious ways.

I have fought these schmalkaldic league wannabes about 5 times. I've got the Infamy to prove it.

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on March 11, 2010, 09:17:11 PM
I have fought these schmalkaldic league wannabes about 5 times. I've got the Infamy to prove it.

And the prestige and the newly-minted vassals. ;)

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on March 11, 2010, 09:18:45 PM
Quote from: Viking on March 11, 2010, 09:17:11 PM

And the prestige and the newly-minted vassals. ;)

Anything I have done, you can do just as well. I'm Emperor, I get loads of prestige anyway.