News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I've never played multiplayer EU before, so I think I need a country that would take the most amount of effort to fuck up.  Sounds like Castille is the best option by far.

Habbaku

I would really encourage you to play Castille, DG.  If you don't, I'm going to have to end up declaring war on them just to help my brother get his Swedish provinces back because, let's face it, a game in which Spain is in Sweden in 1530 is just silly.

Hopefully, if you do play them, you'll sell the provinces back for next to nothing (if not nothing) and immediately start clocking Aragon so you can declare Spain.

Generally-speaking, playing multiplayer EU is very similar to playing single-player, with a little bit of an easier time of expanding initially since all the majors will be controlled by people more reticent to go to war than any AI will.  Of course, the payoff for winning a war against a human is that much sweeter.  :menace:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

All right, put me down for Castille.  I hope you're not hustling a newbie for those Swedish territories.

Barrister

I'm not playing in the game.  I can see why Castille may well want to sell some Swedish provinces back to Sweden (wrong culture, wrong religion, far away and hard to defend), but I can't imagine why you'd want to do so for a purely nominal price.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Spain in Sweden? I missed that.
And Viking it wasn't a few prottys, it's like half of my provinces, and with the religious zeal modifier I've only been able to convert back two of them, while having Protestant revolts pop up causing me to play whack a mole.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on March 11, 2010, 02:19:44 PM
I would really encourage you to play Castille, DG.  If you don't, I'm going to have to end up declaring war on them just to help my brother get his Swedish provinces back because, let's face it, a game in which Spain is in Sweden in 1530 is just silly.

Hopefully, if you do play them, you'll sell the provinces back for next to nothing (if not nothing) and immediately start clocking Aragon so you can declare Spain.

Generally-speaking, playing multiplayer EU is very similar to playing single-player, with a little bit of an easier time of expanding initially since all the majors will be controlled by people more reticent to go to war than any AI will.  Of course, the payoff for winning a war against a human is that much sweeter.  :menace:

What Payoff? If I were to cash in my Imperial Ban and attack France. I'd probably win 1 vs 1, my army is bigger and I have all my vassals. But would I get to win? Especially since if it looked like I was winning I'd have to deal with the english, swedes, muscovices and ottomans as well. Best case scenario I get my two Imperial Provinces (Franche Comte and Provence), worst case scenario I'm left being forced to release Holland, Milan and Flanders not to mention cancelling all my vassals. Not worth it.

PvP can fuck you up a lot more than SP, you just can't win as much as you might in SP.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

katmai

Provence is no longer an imperial province :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

No wonder England loses all its wars...

Ugly.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: katmai on March 11, 2010, 02:37:47 PM
Spain in Sweden? I missed that.
And Viking it wasn't a few prottys, it's like half of my provinces, and with the religious zeal modifier I've only been able to convert back two of them, while having Protestant revolts pop up causing me to play whack a mole.

I counted 5 or 6 provinces

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on March 11, 2010, 02:32:54 PM
All right, put me down for Castille.  I hope you're not hustling a newbie for those Swedish territories.

I figure it'd be fair to reset your inflation and give Sweden back the provinces, since the AI Castille seems to have spent itself into a hole prosecuting that war.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Kudos to A.I. Portugal, Wu and Khorsan, good show for not letting the side down.

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on March 11, 2010, 02:56:35 PM
Quote from: Viking on March 11, 2010, 02:52:28 PM
Ugly how?

England somehow being below Sweden in income.

Well, one was played by a complete n00b who didn't know how to conduct a war or run a country. The other was run by Berkut.