News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on March 11, 2010, 09:04:15 AM
Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2010, 09:00:17 AM
Quote from: Viking on March 11, 2010, 08:57:59 AM
Berkut you forget the most shameful episode in English history, your time as the lesser partner under me in a PU.

Your right, I HAD forgotten that!

Thanks for fucking reminding me!

I had this bizarro series of events where apparently Henry murdered his daughter Mary and buried here in the basement, and people kept finding the bodies, so I had to kill them. After I offed three people, I finally just gave it up and that is when I ended up in the PU.

Thanks for bringing that all back up, much appreciated. Not.

I think you should thank me for not sending you gifts. Being emperor I had more diplomats, the hapsburg diplomatic bonus and enough money to fund my largesse. And then going to war with spain and portugal, which would surely hurt you more than me.

I don't understand how all the dynasty stuff works well enough to be impressed or not.

I kept trying to ask, but all I could get from Habs was "HE CONTROLS YOU SPAM INSULT!" but I still controlled my units and everything as far as I could tell, so I still don't know what he meant.

I am guessing you were nice about it, which is why I did not learn how bad it was.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2010, 09:07:57 AM
I don't understand how all the dynasty stuff works well enough to be impressed or not.

I kept trying to ask, but all I could get from Habs was "HE CONTROLS YOU SPAM INSULT!" but I still controlled my units and everything as far as I could tell, so I still don't know what he meant.

I am guessing you were nice about it, which is why I did not learn how bad it was.

Basically you were my vassal and you could not refuse any call and you couldn't break the PU. If I declared war on anybody you would be at war with no say in the matter.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on March 11, 2010, 09:10:28 AM
Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2010, 09:07:57 AM

Basically you were my vassal and you could not refuse any call and you couldn't break the PU. If I declared war on anybody you would be at war with no say in the matter.

But so what, as long as I still control my own units?

You can put me at war, but you couldn't make me fight...right? So other than having whoever I am at war with screwing with me, is it that big of a deal?

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2010, 09:11:53 AM

But so what, as long as I still control my own units?

You can put me at war, but you couldn't make me fight...right? So other than having whoever I am at war with screwing with me, is it that big of a deal?

Yes you control your own units. You control your money etc. I could have made you go to war.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

That's the difference between 1399 and 1492 starts, in 1492 every continental power (even Muscovy) is much better off than in 1399, but England is worse off.

Also Berk, the game expects you to vassalize Scotland and diploannex them and deals out missions to that end. If you want to conquer it you'll have to do it yourself. You do get a mission to conquer the Irish though.

Viking

conquer_scotland = {

type = country

allow = {
or = {
tag = ENG
tag = GBR
}
not = { highlands = { owned_by = this } }
not = { lowlands = { owned_by = this } }
exists = SCO
SCO = {
not = { vassal_of = ENG }
not = { vassal_of = GBR }
is_lesser_in_union = no
}
not = { relation = { who = SCO value = 50 } }
is_lesser_in_union = no
is_subject = no
}
abort = {
or = {
SCO = {
or = {
vassal_of = ENG
vassal_of = GBR
is_lesser_in_union = yes
}
}
is_lesser_in_union = yes
is_subject = yes
}
}
success = {
highlands = { owned_by = this }
lowlands = { owned_by = this }
}
chance = {
factor = 1000
modifier = {
factor = 2
mil = 7
}
modifier = {
factor = 2
mil = 8
}
}
immediate = {
lowlands = {
limit = { NOT = { owned_by = THIS } }
add_temp_claim = THIS
}
}
abort_effect = {
lowlands = {
remove_temp_claim = THIS
}
}
effect = {
lowlands = { add_core = THIS }
prestige = 0.1
}
}

Berkut

Quote from: Solmyr on March 11, 2010, 09:36:38 AM
That's the difference between 1399 and 1492 starts, in 1492 every continental power (even Muscovy) is much better off than in 1399, but England is worse off.

Also Berk, the game expects you to vassalize Scotland and diploannex them and deals out missions to that end. If you want to conquer it you'll have to do it yourself. You do get a mission to conquer the Irish though.

How do you diploannex something?

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2010, 10:05:25 AM

How do you diploannex something?

Have as a vassal, for at least 10 years, at peace, allied, 190+ relations and more than 10 years since the last diploannexation.

Solmyr

Ok, then you'll have to tank your relations with them I guess, to get the conquer mission. Although it might still give you the "improve relations with Scotland" mission. :P

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on March 11, 2010, 10:46:01 AM
Ok, then you'll have to tank your relations with them I guess, to get the conquer mission. Although it might still give you the "improve relations with Scotland" mission. :P

Wait 5 years and take the 5 prestige hit.

DGuller

Are there some gentlemen's rules in the multiplayer that prevented Viking from bending Berkut over with the PU?

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on March 11, 2010, 11:24:31 AM
Are there some gentlemen's rules in the multiplayer that prevented Viking from bending Berkut over with the PU?

My Spin: No need to ruin the game just because Berkut made the mistake of accepting one of my daughters.

Bismarcks Spin: No need to ruin an obivously good relationship with England.

Machiavelli's Spin: I had 30 badboy at the time, I couldn't afford to boost my badboy too much past 30.

The only thing I really could have done was to start some wars England would be in but unable to get out of. England could have ignored a war with France or any continental power. So it had to be a boat faring AI nation eg Castille, Portugal or Aragon, none of which I had casus against. Then there is the danger that Berkut wins those wars, takes some useful colonies, atlantic isles and/or a COT.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on March 11, 2010, 11:24:31 AM

I got the impression that in this particular instance, the PU was not nearly as dangerous as it could be.

He could get me into a war with someone, but I am England - so what? I can ignore it until they get bored and WP out.

And he can't screw me without a cost to himself as well - HE has to go to war also, and the only powers that *could* be troubling to me would be troubling to him as well, in that he doesn't have a CB against them.

So basically, it would take some "work" for him to hose me, would hurt himself in the process, and piss me off for no particularly good reason early in a long game.

0 rows returned

Viking

yes, the most evil thing I could have done would be to send him gifts to keep the relationship at 100+.

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on March 11, 2010, 11:46:07 AM
yes, the most evil thing I could have done would be to send him gifts to keep the relationship at 100+.
That would indeed be pretty evil.  Wouldn't that leave him as your bitch for as long as you desired?