News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on March 11, 2010, 07:58:25 PM
Or I could just wait until Sol gives me an answer--I don't want an in-depth map, just the outline that's gotten by using F12.

its in the Screenshots folder
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

like this (1024x768) resized in imageshack

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

Quote from: katmai on March 11, 2010, 08:00:04 PM
We discussed it before hand.
But I had no idea how far reaching his intentions were as was too focused on vassals, prottys and exploring, till it was late in session and saw the white blob creeping closer in south besides the walloonian borders.

I was under the impression that you knew I'd be doing that?

Habbaku

I played through a couple of years of Berkut's England to see how bad things really were.  Turns out they're pretty bad.  Really bad.  So bad that his people were overjoyed when the king kicked off :

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: katmai on March 11, 2010, 08:25:13 PM
THe 2nd version

press f12 and you'll get a file in the "Europa Universalis III/Screenshots" folder, which you then open in pain, cut out the bit you want and create a new image, and zoom in to make it the right size.

DGuller

Holy shit.  That HRE mechanic is just too powerful for either Austria or Bohemia (whichever one manages to lock up the elections).  Where is the Spanish Sweden anyway?

katmai

Quote from: Viking on March 11, 2010, 08:25:43 PM
Quote from: katmai on March 11, 2010, 08:00:04 PM
We discussed it before hand.
But I had no idea how far reaching his intentions were as was too focused on vassals, prottys and exploring, till it was late in session and saw the white blob creeping closer in south besides the walloonian borders.

I was under the impression that you knew I'd be doing that?
I knew you were going to keep hands off of savoy, not that you were going to swallow up northern Italy and the Swiss.

Viking

Quote from: katmai on March 11, 2010, 08:30:03 PM
I knew you were going to keep hands off of savoy, not that you were going to swallow up northern Italy and the Swiss.

Austria not taking Milan WTF?

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on March 11, 2010, 08:28:31 PM
Holy shit.  That HRE mechanic is just too powerful for either Austria or Bohemia (whichever one manages to lock up the elections).  Where is the Spanish Sweden anyway?

The map is from 1502 an intermediate save that Habbaku created on a rehost.

And do you know how much work dealing with the empire is? The Manpower, Prestige and Diplomats are really cool, but it is hard work.

katmai

DGuller

One more question about MP.  How is game speed handled?  What happens if someone has to pee or something?

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on March 11, 2010, 08:40:54 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 11, 2010, 08:28:31 PM

The map is from 1502 an intermediate save that Habbaku created on a rehost.

And do you know how much work dealing with the empire is? The Manpower, Prestige and Diplomats are really cool, but it is hard work.
It's so hard to be popular with the ladies, you hardly ever get to sleep at home.

Viking

Quote from: katmai on March 11, 2010, 08:43:50 PM
Yeah dg it's even bigger than that :lol:

by 5 provinces

liguria, mantua, milan, friuli and liege

that's it.

Edit: I had Imperial Ban on Liguria and Friuli, Conquest Mission on Milan and Mantua and a CB shield on Liege. Hardly a mad crazy dash for unrealistic conquests.