News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Is there anything that a noob should know about EU multiplayer games?  Technical stuff, the way human-human diplomacy is conducted, etc.?

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on March 11, 2010, 04:52:44 PM
Is there anything that a noob should know about EU multiplayer games?  Technical stuff, the way human-human diplomacy is conducted, etc.?

It's the same. But in general proclaim guarantees to allow yourself to support your allies. If you are Spain then your Hapsburg brothers in Germany will be seeking arrangements of the status of italy and other localities.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

If you are Spain, you should ignore what the current 800-pound gorilla tells you and try to take a slice of Italy for yourself.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on March 11, 2010, 04:01:36 PM
I want to know how Habs can top income charts while expanding as much as everyone else. :P

I'd have to look at each other country in turn to tell you what they're doing wrong, but somewhere along the lines they are fucking up.

What I want to know is how you get the map-shot taken from in-game with F12 to show up properly like you do.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2010, 03:46:00 PM
In the middle of the Reformation?

Sweden is also in the middle of the Reformation and, as you may have noticed, lost a pretty big war against Castille.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on March 11, 2010, 07:10:50 PM
If you are Spain, you should ignore what the current 800-pound gorilla tells you and try to take a slice of Italy for yourself.

Well, your presumption that "seeking arrangements" means "all your greaseball base are belong to us" is highly presumptive. I presume he wants part of Italy and I'm happy to discuss it.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on March 11, 2010, 07:12:24 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on March 11, 2010, 04:01:36 PM
I want to know how Habs can top income charts while expanding as much as everyone else. :P

I'd have to look at each other country in turn to tell you what they're doing wrong, but somewhere along the lines they are fucking up.

What I want to know is how you get the map-shot taken from in-game with F12 to show up properly like you do.

try "Print Screen" and then Ctrl-V in paint.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

It doesn't look like spain has conquered the swedish provinces on the map you posted

Habbaku

Which is exactly why I'm trying to figure out how to get a clearer map, Viking.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on March 11, 2010, 07:24:09 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 11, 2010, 07:10:50 PM

Well, your presumption that "seeking arrangements" means "all your greaseball base are belong to us" is highly presumptive. I presume he wants part of Italy and I'm happy to discuss it.

You've already got all of the parts worth having.  I'm not saying he shouldn't try to bargain over them with you, but I don't suspect you'll freely give up so many universities.  Then again, I don't understand why Katmai just let you do it, so what do I know?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on March 11, 2010, 07:38:32 PM

You've already got all of the parts worth having.  I'm not saying he shouldn't try to bargain over them with you, but I don't suspect you'll freely give up so many universities.  Then again, I don't understand why Katmai just let you do it, so what do I know?

We discussed it in a civilized manner. No threats or intimidation was used.

It's just you and Berkut that assume that just because my lips are moving I must be making threats. I have kept my deals. Katmai has benefited immensely from having an army 1/3 the size of mine. I, however, have been expecting a stab and have been preparing to take my righteous wrath out on whoever stabs me. As far as I'm concerned Katmai has benefited most from my diplomacy.

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on March 11, 2010, 07:37:44 PM
Which is exactly why I'm trying to figure out how to get a clearer map, Viking.

Change your screen resolution to the highest within the game (1920x1200). Then zoom to the relevant areas and print screen alt-tab out and ctrl-v into paint. It's better to do it that way than trying to get all of europe... or send me the file and I'll do it.

Habbaku

Or I could just wait until Sol gives me an answer--I don't want an in-depth map, just the outline that's gotten by using F12.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

We discussed it before hand.
But I had no idea how far reaching his intentions were as was too focused on vassals, prottys and exploring, till it was late in session and saw the white blob creeping closer in south besides the walloonian borders.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son