News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Movies you've recently watched

Started by FunkMonk, March 10, 2009, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Anyone know if Starship Troopers 3 is Starship Troopers 2 bad or if it has OK combat scenes?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: vinraith on May 13, 2009, 01:20:33 PM
I really do wish they'd recast Spock, though.

Do you have someone in mind as an alternate?  I didn't think Quinto was bad.  I wonder if you are bothered by the fact that he appeared more emotional than Nimoy in the role.  This bothered me a bit too, but I mean this is a directing issue and not an acting issue, I think.  I thought about this a lot and concluded that Abrams/the screenwriters were attempting to underscore the fact that Spock is in fact half-human... something not always as obvious with Nimoy's Spock.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Eminem did Spock in the We Made You video. Was he better?

vinraith

Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2009, 01:57:57 PM
Quote from: vinraith on May 13, 2009, 01:20:33 PM
I really do wish they'd recast Spock, though.

Do you have someone in mind as an alternate?  I didn't think Quinto was bad.  I wonder if you are bothered by the fact that he appeared more emotional than Nimoy in the role.  This bothered me a bit too, but I mean this is a directing issue and not an acting issue, I think.  I thought about this a lot and concluded that Abrams/the screenwriters were attempting to underscore the fact that Spock is in fact half-human... something not always as obvious with Nimoy's Spock.

That's part of it, but they set that up acceptably so it wouldn't be enough on its own, and I agree that it's largely a product of the (god awful, let's face it) script.

No, my problems with Quitno are that 1) he looks wrong in that make up to me (maybe it's because he's close enough to looking like Nimoy without quite looking like him, sort of a Spock uncanny valley) and 2) that his entire performance seems tinged in menace, which seems weirdly out of place.

The Brain

jimmy olsen

Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas

8.8 Goddesses of Chaos & Destruction out of 10.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

I'm gonna go all Timmay on this movie.

It's gonna be the greatest movie of all time! Two great tastes that go great together!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa7ck5mcd1o
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on May 14, 2009, 11:08:11 AM

It's gonna be the greatest movie of all time! Two great tastes that go great together!

You are only excited because Debbie Gibson is in it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: The Brain on May 13, 2009, 01:56:55 PM
Anyone know if Starship Troopers 3 is Starship Troopers 2 bad or if it has OK combat scenes?

Yes, they're cool. It's not an horror flick.

Watch it, it's worth it.

Latest flick I saw : Jumper, Gawd Hayden Christensuck can't act for shit.

I also saw Star Trek, I liked it. I like the new jumbo size (bigger then Battlestar Galactica) Enterprise.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 14, 2009, 02:14:07 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 13, 2009, 01:56:55 PM

Yes, they're cool. It's not an horror flick.

Watch it, it's worth it.

:w00t:

God I hope you're not trying to fool me. :mad:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 14, 2009, 02:11:13 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 14, 2009, 11:08:11 AM

You are only excited because Debbie Gibson is in it.

Is she playing the octopus - or the shark?  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 14, 2009, 02:15:45 PM
I am not, I liked it.

Great. :) :hug:

I feel like watching an SF combat movie you see.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

syk