Main Menu

Movies you've recently watched

Started by FunkMonk, March 10, 2009, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on May 18, 2009, 12:43:14 PM

:huh: why?

I don't recall exact phrases but it was all very Eliza Doolittle

What makes it an olde British Hooker accent compared to just an olde British accent?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Sex and The City

Still a horribly trashy movie that I can't hate. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

vinraith

Quote from: Neil on May 17, 2009, 09:40:36 PM
The big one was the fate of Vulcan.  The stupid look of the new Enterprise was another.  And that's not even taking into account things that annoyed me but didn't cause terror, like the odd slowness of the Romulan ship, the unusual behavior of warp drive, and the fact that Kirk made captain before he even graduated.

Did you enjoy the allergic reaction all the Romulans seemed to be having to the script?

Berkut

Quote from: The Brain on May 16, 2009, 06:16:40 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 16, 2009, 06:10:19 PM
Star Trek. Was lots of fun. :thumbsup:

So 4.5/10?

Woah there tiger, back off! He didn't say it was incredibly fun!

3/10, tops!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

Finally read Watchmen Friday morning. Saw the movie this afternoon.

Book extremely rewarding. Movie largely a failure.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

HVC

Some movie with Bale about a cop in a dystopian future where emotions are outlawed. sucked. But i did learn that his "batman voice" is not really batmans voice, it's just the voice he makes when he's trying to be intimidating. Still annoying though.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: HVC on May 18, 2009, 05:54:03 PM
Some movie with Bale about a cop in a dystopian future where emotions are outlawed. sucked. But i did learn that his "batman voice" is not really batmans voice, it's just the voice he makes when he's trying to be intimidating. Still annoying though.
Equillibrium.  I rather enjoyed it myself.  It has Sean Bean in it! :thumbsup:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Grey Fox

My best friends girl.

Kate Hudson needs implants, she's still pretty hot tho.

Dane Cook remains the man.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on May 18, 2009, 02:40:24 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 16, 2009, 06:16:40 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 16, 2009, 06:10:19 PM
Star Trek. Was lots of fun. :thumbsup:

So 4.5/10?

Woah there tiger, back off! He didn't say it was incredibly fun!

3/10, tops!
I sense an enduring new meme. :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habsburg

The Handmaid's Tale (1991)

Stick with the novel.  Though Faye Dunaway shines as Serena Joy.  And the Handmaids Day of the Locust moment with a "rapist" (really a political prisoner) is loads of fun.
Robert Duvall phones in his role as The Commander!

**.5/*****

DisturbedPervert

Watched Life of David Gale.  It's about an anti death penalty advocate on death row for murdering another anti death penalty activist.  It seemed to get low scores from reviewers who claimed it wasn't a good movie as an anti death penalty vehicle.  But who gives a shit, it was enjoyable.

jimmy olsen

The Punisher

When Castle was punishing people it was pretty damn good, but the movie went overboard with the wacky antics of his neighbors.

7 vengeful yet ironic murders out of 10

1 Karma Chameleon point

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 18, 2009, 01:16:33 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on May 18, 2009, 12:43:14 PM

:huh: why?

I don't recall exact phrases but it was all very Eliza Doolittle

What makes it an olde British Hooker accent compared to just an olde British accent?

the slang... "ducks" and or grating twangy phrases....stereotypical cockney in old British movies was code for "whore"... regular Londoners in old movies talked stage British, like American actors did the Mid Atlantic thing you can see on display admirably from Ben Affleck in Hollywoodland.
:p

Korea

The Strangers

It scared the shit out of me.
I want my mother fucking points!

Liep

Have anyone watched Trier's Antichrist yet? I'd like a "normal" person's review of that. :p
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk