News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

When was the Golden Age?

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 05, 2009, 09:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Age of the now defunct Tri-Fora System was:

Pre-Diaspora EUOT (which is to say, pre Iraq Attack)
11 (16.2%)
The Rise of Languish as an Exiiles hangout
9 (13.2%)
The True Tri-Fora: With KAPLand providing the outlet of the Nasty
26 (38.2%)
Consolidatoin - KAPLand collapses as Languish absorbs the flotsam
12 (17.6%)
The New Languish, now shed of the years of crap posts and SPAM, rising like a drunken, autistic pheonix from the flames
6 (8.8%)
Fuck you, fuck this, fuck everything and Jaron most of all
4 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Darth Wagtaros

I'm waiting for the cupcakes to be done. I'm bored. Yeah, that's right.
PDH!

Grallon

Ever thought of writing Wag ?  I find your use of language as inventive as it is evocative :)

EDIT: and I loathe these smilies - except this one  :P

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

I'm not sure where Kapland fits but I'd say roughly the second year. Still gaining new people, Crunchy's emo attention whoring gone, Monkeybutt still not a complete grouch, Jaron was becoming an entertaining troll rather than just doing lame insults.
The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

Tamas

Consolidation because that's when I have become active here.

Norgy

grumbler

Quote from: Norgy on April 05, 2009, 11:04:16 AM
Around 2003.
Yeah, though I'd move it back to late 2002, before the heavy-handed modding set in, and Paradox began to look on EUOT as an albatross around their neck.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Queequeg

Whenever Sav started writing Fanfiction. 

There is nothing stopping this from becoming a Second Golden age, though I think we need some new blood.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

FunkMonk

I lurked for years, starting around 2001/2002. I'd have to say Pre-Diaspora EUOT.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Martinus

I don't think I can make up my mind on this - some periods were better for some things but worse for others.

For example, initially, on the pre-diaspora Paradox, there was a lot of cool stuff going on, like the EU RPG. But now I know a lot of you a lot better, and some of you are my real life friends, so in that sense it is better than anything before.

We went from a gaming forum to a social network. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on April 05, 2009, 10:37:26 AM
EDIT: and I loathe these smilies - except this one  :P

G.

You should change your smiley settings then.  The version that says something like forum / board default has all of our old languish smileys
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I picked Consolidatoin(sic). That's when we became an insular, dysfunctional family. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Nickname Who Was Thursday on April 05, 2009, 10:38:14 AM
I'm not sure where Kapland fits but I'd say roughly the second year. Still gaining new people, Crunchy's emo attention whoring gone, Monkeybutt still not a complete grouch, Jaron was becoming an entertaining troll rather than just doing lame insults.

I'm Captain fucking sunshine sweethart. And the fucking Batman.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on April 05, 2009, 11:10:58 AM
Yeah, though I'd move it back to late 2002, before the heavy-handed modding set in,

They had it a-comin'.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on April 05, 2009, 11:54:36 AM
For example, initially, on the pre-diaspora Paradox, there was a lot of cool stuff going on, like the EU RPG.
Yeah, but the place was crawling with Russophiles.  Now, we only have one Russophile (Spellus), and a few actual Russians (yourself, Sahib, etc.).
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Larch

Doubted between the first two, ended up voting for #2, Languish's emergence.