News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

When was the Golden Age?

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 05, 2009, 09:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Age of the now defunct Tri-Fora System was:

Pre-Diaspora EUOT (which is to say, pre Iraq Attack)
11 (16.2%)
The Rise of Languish as an Exiiles hangout
9 (13.2%)
The True Tri-Fora: With KAPLand providing the outlet of the Nasty
26 (38.2%)
Consolidatoin - KAPLand collapses as Languish absorbs the flotsam
12 (17.6%)
The New Languish, now shed of the years of crap posts and SPAM, rising like a drunken, autistic pheonix from the flames
6 (8.8%)
Fuck you, fuck this, fuck everything and Jaron most of all
4 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Darth Wagtaros

I do remember this one jerkoff who had a nutso freakout because for about 1/2 a second on the opening the American flag was super imposed by the Swastika during the montage of combatants' flags and thought Paradox was calling Americans Nazis.
PDH!

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on April 05, 2009, 04:11:08 PMOh and slightly on topic: I have had to realize that because of Languish I have grown a bit accustomed to launch my take on an issue rather bluntly and boldly in any RL discussion. I used to be more polite, people, damn you! :P

That has been mentioned many times, and I did so myself as well. Languish desensitizes people against verbal violence, and we tend to expect more or less the same outside of it.

The Brain

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on April 05, 2009, 04:13:26 PM
I do remember this one jerkoff who had a nutso freakout because for about 1/2 a second on the opening the American flag was super imposed by the Swastika during the montage of combatants' flags and thought Paradox was calling Americans Nazis.

:rolleyes:

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on April 05, 2009, 04:11:08 PM

Oh and slightly on topic: I have had to realize that because of Languish I have grown a bit accustomed to launch my take on an issue rather bluntly and boldly in any RL discussion. I used to be more polite, people, damn you! :P

Hasn't affected me IRL but I can rarely find the patience for internet boards where you can't call an idiot an idiot.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on April 05, 2009, 04:20:10 PM

Oh and slightly on topic: I have had to realize that because of Languish I have grown a bit accustomed to launch my take on an issue rather bluntly and boldly in any RL discussion. I used to be more polite, people, damn you! :P

Hasn't affected me IRL but I can rarely find the patience for internet boards where you can't call an idiot an idiot.
Yeah that's true.

The flipside of that however is that Languish really teaches you how to argue on the internet (and I don't just mean insults). I have found it almost too easy to destroy someone in a debate on various internet boards, because most people out there argue in a way that is way below the Languish standard.

Ed Anger

Debate? I'm not here for debate. My mind isn't going to be changed by a bunch of internet virgins, homos, emos and fucktards.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

I've almost slipped a few times in real life as a result of Languish.  Not long ago I was talking to a friend who is a manager of a fast food place.  She was complaining about one of the drones who worked for her and I was miliseconds away from saying something like, 'if he is such a moron that he can't do better than burger king I'm not surprised he is useless.'
PDH!

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2009, 04:24:34 PM
Debate? I'm not here for debate. My mind isn't going to be changed by a bunch of internet virgins, homos, emos and fucktards.
Mind?  :lmfao:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on April 05, 2009, 04:23:42 PM
Quote from: The Brain on April 05, 2009, 04:20:10 PM

Yeah that's true.

The flipside of that however is that Languish really teaches you how to argue on the internet (and I don't just mean insults). I have found it almost too easy to destroy someone in a debate on various internet boards, because most people out there argue in a way that is way below the Languish standard.

The thing is that, save for a few people on a few issues, here almost nobody is going to, gasp and horror, change their minds, opinions, or admit that they're wrong. The Languish crowd is, for the most part, a bunch of stubborn jerks who prefer to call each other names rather than discuss politely. That's something that the current Languish will never have on the Golden Age P'dox OT or even the earlier Languish.

Ed Anger

Quote from: grumbler on April 05, 2009, 04:30:00 PM

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2009, 04:34:07 PM

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
ditto!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on April 05, 2009, 04:36:44 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2009, 04:34:07 PM

ditto!

Ditto? You provincial putz!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Larch on April 05, 2009, 04:32:50 PMThe Languish crowd is, for the most part, a bunch of stubborn jerks who prefer to call each other names rather than discuss politely.

You make that sound like it's a bad thing.

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 05, 2009, 04:56:08 PM
Quote from: The Larch on April 05, 2009, 04:32:50 PMThe Languish crowd is, for the most part, a bunch of stubborn jerks who prefer to call each other names rather than discuss politely.

You make that sound like it's a bad thing.

It's undeniable that it's a very important part of Languish "charm" and personality as a community, but it's something that is difficult to swallow for the uninitiated, and a big reason of why it has become so closed, insular and self indulgent.

Ed Anger