News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

When was the Golden Age?

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 05, 2009, 09:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Age of the now defunct Tri-Fora System was:

Pre-Diaspora EUOT (which is to say, pre Iraq Attack)
11 (16.2%)
The Rise of Languish as an Exiiles hangout
9 (13.2%)
The True Tri-Fora: With KAPLand providing the outlet of the Nasty
26 (38.2%)
Consolidatoin - KAPLand collapses as Languish absorbs the flotsam
12 (17.6%)
The New Languish, now shed of the years of crap posts and SPAM, rising like a drunken, autistic pheonix from the flames
6 (8.8%)
Fuck you, fuck this, fuck everything and Jaron most of all
4 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on April 05, 2009, 04:59:45 PMIt's undeniable that it's a very important part of Languish "charm" and personality as a community, but it's something that is difficult to swallow for the uninitiated, and a big reason of why it has become so closed, insular and self indulgent.
Yeah.  Though I admire the people who manage to stick through it like, coming from outside, like Tamas and Fahdiz.

I think the Tri-Fora was the peak.
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 05, 2009, 05:07:04 PM
Quote from: The Larch on April 05, 2009, 04:59:45 PMIt's undeniable that it's a very important part of Languish "charm" and personality as a community, but it's something that is difficult to swallow for the uninitiated, and a big reason of why it has become so closed, insular and self indulgent.
Yeah.  Though I admire the people who manage to stick through it like, coming from outside, like Tamas and Fahdiz.

I think the Tri-Fora was the peak.

I tend to agree. We had Radio Free KAP, occasional chat sessions, and a fair number (for us 2 a year is big these days) of new people coming in and staying around.
PDH!

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habsburg

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2009, 04:24:34 PM
Debate? I'm not here for debate. My mind isn't going to be changed by a bunch of internet virgins, homos, emos and fucktards.

I understand what an internet homo is (Marti) but what is an internet virgin?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

You misspelled "phoenix" in the poll.

garbon

Quote from: sbr on April 05, 2009, 09:03:04 PM
You misspelled "phoenix" in the poll.

Yes, that was the only misspelled word. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

BuddhaRhubarb

Trifora era was the Golden Age. By my reckoning (which is really all that matters in the end.)  we are currently in the Iron Age (think 80's comics and you understand my system)
:p

Valmy

I thought now was the Platinum Age.

Anyway I suppose the Trifora period since that was when I started posting on Languish alot.  :)
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."