And we're back!

Main Menu

Olympic Excitement

Started by Jacob, February 05, 2010, 02:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on February 11, 2010, 12:00:10 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 11, 2010, 09:48:45 AM
@ CC & Jacob. If you are wondering what popular music sounds like in Quebec head over to the Francophonie place since everyone & their dogs who has had mild success in the past 5 years will perform there.

Why would someone wonder that?   :huh:

Because they have an interest into learning what the culture of Quebec is & by extension make Canadian multiculturalism a living & breathing entity.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grallon

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 11, 2010, 12:25:51 PM

Because they have an interest into learning what the culture of Quebec is & by extension make Canadian multiculturalism a living & breathing entity.

Don't tell me you buy into that fraudulent bullshit!? :bleeding:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

P. E. Trudeau is the greateast Canadian & human being to have ever lived. All of his ideas should be executed flawlessly without question and/or doubt.

All who differ must perish.

Grallon

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 11, 2010, 12:30:20 PM
P. E. Trudeau is the greateast Canadian & human being to have ever lived. All of his ideas should be executed flawlessly without question and/or doubt.

All who differ must perish.

:lol:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

BuddhaRhubarb

Read in the paper yesterday that the Irish pavilion (not so shockingly)  is partying really loud and drunkenly til all hours of the night, and complaints from residents in the area are being met with shrugs by cops, officials. makes me think of that line from Blazing Saddles.

Interestingly it's okay for Olympic revelers to keep you up all night. Locals would get shut down hard in the same area, were they making so much racket.

I likely won't make it out to see the parade tomorrow, unless I get up way early for some reason. I heard Arnie is going to be on the leg by the Hollow tree in Stanley Park.
:p

Grey Fox

Grey Fox

Admiral Yi

Recently saw a promo spot for the Winter Games and at the end there was a quick spot for Fairway Supermarkets, official partner.  Does not bode well for viewership; Fairway is the local shit supermarket next to the trailer park.

katmai

QuoteUp until Thursday night, former hockey star Wayne Gretzky had been the clubhouse favorite to light the Olympic cauldron. The Great One arrived in Vancouver earlier in the week, his father already served as a torchbearer and Gretzky himself had dodged all questions about the lighting of the cauldron. He also was the choice of Canadians, earning the most votes in a poll asking who should be the final torchbearer. But late Thursday night VANOC chief John Furlong said definitively that the Ontario native and 2002 gold medal-winning coach will not light the cauldron. This development perhaps opens up the door for Betty Fox, the mother of the late cancer activist Terry Fox. The Vancouver native, whose statue rests outside the venue for the Opening Ceremony, raised millions for research of the disease with his runs in the 1970s. Since his death in 1981, his mother has kept his memory and foundation alive. We predict that Gretzky will be the penultimate torchbearer and hand-off to Fox, who will light the flame.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

DGuller

Is it just me, or is Lindsey Vonn's shin injury so convenient for generating all the more hype about her?  It seems like a good way to keep her in the news, and also a ready-made excuse if she chokes after all the publicity.

Admiral Yi

I suppose you guys have all heard about the Norwegian luger who died during a practice run?