The Top 10 Conservative Movies of the Last Decade

Started by viper37, February 01, 2010, 04:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on February 01, 2010, 06:56:39 PM
Quote from: Martinus on February 01, 2010, 06:43:47 PM
Do you realize that these lists are internally inconsistent? How can you put "respect for family, tradition, religion, military" right next to "belief in individual over group"? These very ideas are exactly about the individual putting his or her freedom behind the values of the group he or she belongs to.
I noticed that incredible inconsistency as well, although the problem is with the retardation that is American conservatism, not with the accuracy of Beeb's representation.

There's inconsistency with "liberalism" as much as there is "conservatism".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 01, 2010, 06:57:59 PM
Evol corporation movies are liberal.  Manchurian Candidate remake, that African movie with Ray Feines and whatshername, Erin Brokavitch, etc.

Hard nosed cops and vigilantes are conservative, like Dirty Harry and Death Wish.

What about the original Manchurian Candidate where the villain is actually the Conservative politician and his wife?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on February 01, 2010, 07:10:47 PM
What about the original Manchurian Candidate where the villain is actually the Conservative politician and his wife?
I thought the villains were the Chinks.  :huh:

Razgovory

I wonder, if a movie is anti-war but about a war that conservatives were against is it a conservative movie or a liberal movie?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 01, 2010, 07:14:32 PM

:o

best go watch it again mi amigo

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 01, 2010, 07:14:32 PM

Secondary.  Turns out the real villains are the McCarthite politician who turns out to be a communist agent.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on February 01, 2010, 06:45:26 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 01, 2010, 06:39:38 PM

It's the conflict of order vs. chaos, what can be a more conservative message? The fact that it was all about terrorism tied it to the Bush administrations narrative in nearly every review I read.
Batman though is disorder himself. It wasn't order vs chaos. Quite the opposite, Batman was used to chaos (him) vs order (organised crime) and instead he ended up here faced by someone who just wants to watch the world burn.
Conservative Batman would stick with the police and not end up their enemy at the end, he'd play by the rule book and arrest the joker and let Dent be saw to be the criminal he was.
Batman doesn't represent chaos, he represents the order that the corrupt power structure of Gotham is incapable of providing.
I don't think you really understand American conservatism at all. After all you also said the A-team wasn't conservative as well.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Fate

Juno, a conservative movie? Give me a fucking break. That chick would vote for Democrats so fast it'd make your head spin if she had a GOPtard government telling her that she couldn't have an abortion if she wanted one.

Monoriu

Batman is the richest man in the city, and leader of one of the biggest corporations.  They do good in the movie. 

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on February 01, 2010, 07:15:03 PM
I wonder, if a movie is anti-war but about a war that conservatives were against is it a conservative movie or a liberal movie?
Not directly related to the question, but why have they never made a Bay of Pigs movie?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 01, 2010, 07:37:46 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 01, 2010, 07:15:03 PM
Not directly related to the question, but why have they never made a Bay of Pigs movie?

Never saw Red Zone Cuba huh?

katmai

Raz, show me a war that conservatives were against? :P

Fate

Quote from: katmai on February 01, 2010, 07:39:19 PM
Raz, show me a war that conservatives were against? :P
Kosovo?

World War 2?

World War 1?

Oh, I see a pattern here. Any war a Democrat starts?