News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Oh when the Saints go marching in oh when the Saints go marching in oh Lord I want to be in that number oh when the Saints go marching in.

Suck it CDM and your playoff choke prediction.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

I've been watching my language around Tommy lately, knowing that since he turns 2 tomorrow he's absorbing more & more from what he hears.

So it came as a surprise to me that, after the Saints returned the OT kickoff back to the ~40 yard line, he yelled "OH F*CK".  I tried to do the trick where you repeat it as a slightly different word in an attempt to trick them into using that word, and he kept correcting me.

It's one of those things where you're horrified, but can't get mad at them & end up just trying to hold back laughter.

Thankfully he dropped it, and went on to tell me how he thought the Saints emblem was a spider.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Tommy is a Vikings fan?

Time to get the belt out, spiess.  :menace:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: ulmont on January 24, 2010, 10:23:50 PM
Suck it CDM and your playoff choke prediction.

:P  Obviously, my prediction was overpowered by an even more Immutable Law of Football; namely, you live by the Favre, you die by the Favre.

I anticipate a shoot-out in Miami.  First team to 40 wins.
Go Saints.  Beat Indy. 

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on January 24, 2010, 10:30:40 PM
Tommy is a Vikings fan?

Time to get the belt out, spiess.  :menace:

I think he picked up on the fact that I was rooting for them.  Or it was totally random.  But he said it at the exact moment I was thinking it-- creepy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

So much for having 2 midwestern teams in the Super Bowl.  Oh well, go Indy.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

:cry:

But what can you say, that was ONE HELL of a football game. :yeah:

And yes, the haters are going to say that Favre cost them the game because of the final interception.  And yes, it was a bad throw.  But was that what cost them the game?  What about the 2 (or was it 3) Adrian Peterson fumbles?  Ball control was obviously poor for the Vikes.

And on the other side, the Vikes owned the Saints in total yards and time of possession, but the Saints discipline bit them in the ass several times.  I looked it up - the Saints had 9 penalties for 88 yards.  That's brutal.

What can you say - the game went into OT.  The teams were evenly matched, and the team that won the coin toss won the game.  But I refuse to complain about the OT rules.  You don't want to go into OT, you should score more points in regulation.

Congrats to Nawlins.

Man - Indy vs New Orleans.  I really am neutral on both teams, but I am quite the fan of both QBs.  It should be a great game.   :cool:

And yes, as a Vikes fan, I'm counting on 7 months of 'will he or won't he' talk from Favre.  Ah well, I guess he's earned it.   :rolleyes: :shrug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Alcibiades

The Favre tears made it perfect.  We tortured my buddy with our joy.  When they helped him limp off the field, I made sure to pause it so we could all take pictures with our phones. :menace:

Good bye Favre, retire already.....no really this time.   
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Alcibiades

3 fumbles by peterson, I was embarrassed for him.  Really good hussle getting his last one back though.

Did anybody else think the Saints were really flat?  They played real...average the whole game while the Vikings had all the big plays and nail-biting moments.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on January 24, 2010, 11:03:53 PM
And yes, the haters are going to say that Favre cost them the game because of the final interception.  And yes, it was a bad throw.  But was that what cost them the game?

Yes.
He runs, gets a few yards and runs out of bounds, with time left and decent field goal position.
But no...typical Favre decision.  I CAN DO IT AINT WE HAVING FUN IN MAH WRANGLERS

You live by the Favre, you die by the Favre.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 24, 2010, 11:10:46 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 24, 2010, 11:03:53 PM
And yes, the haters are going to say that Favre cost them the game because of the final interception.  And yes, it was a bad throw.  But was that what cost them the game?

Yes.
He runs, gets a few yards and runs out of bounds, with time left and decent field goal position.
But no...typical Favre decision.  I CAN DO IT AINT WE HAVING FUN IN MAH WRANGLERS

You live by the Favre, you die by the Favre.

On the one hand, yes.  If he hadn't thrown that pic, there's a good chance they could have scored a last-second field goal.

But if any of the other turnovers hadn't have happened, there's a good chance he wouldn't have needed to be making that final 2 minute drive.  You can't over-emphasize the last 2 minutes and forget the earlier 58.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on January 24, 2010, 11:16:34 PM
You can't over-emphasize the last 2 minutes and forget the earlier 58.

Uh, yeah you can.  Because, regardless of what happened the the earlier 58 minutes, fact is THEY WERE IN THE POSITION TO WIN THE GAME.  And they got Favre'd.  Fin.

MadBurgerMaker

Edit:  That's better.  The font is about the same size now in all the bubbles.  :rolleyes: