And we're back!

Main Menu

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on January 25, 2010, 01:10:30 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 25, 2010, 12:59:03 PM
Considering the changes to game in last 10 years NFL records for passing and receiving are a joke.

Pfft Sammy Baugh and Johnny Unitas fans probably said the same about Young and Montana's records.

And?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Quote from: katmai on January 25, 2010, 01:12:28 PM

And?

And he will say the same about that new guy who all the commentators fellate in 10 years. Circle of life and all that? What I'm saying is: you old Kat, you old.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Quote from: Liep on January 25, 2010, 01:15:19 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 25, 2010, 01:12:28 PM

And?

And he will say the same about that new guy who all the commentators fellate in 10 years. Circle of life and all that? What I'm saying is: you old Kat, you old.

Yes i am old, and I'll glady get behind calling Manning one of the greats...when he has won two more Superbowls :P

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on January 25, 2010, 01:18:07 PM
Yes i am old, and I'll glady get behind calling Manning one of the greats...when he has won two more Superbowls :P

Hence why this is a huge game for him.  He needs to win it to help with his legacy.  Presuming Manning worries about that sort of thing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on January 25, 2010, 01:19:40 PM
Hence why this is a huge game for him.  He needs to win it to help with his legacy.  Presuming Manning worries about that sort of thing.
If he wasn't competitive enough to worry about that sort of thing, he wouldn't be in the position he's in now.

I do agree that he's on track to be "one of the greatest" though.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on January 25, 2010, 01:19:40 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 25, 2010, 01:18:07 PM

From what I've read he absolutely worries about that sort of thing.  Laid back he is not.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: katmai on January 25, 2010, 12:44:00 PM
As it stands he has won one Super Bowl. And if they win in 13 days he still will only match Ben Roethlisberger, Bob Griese and Roger Staubach to name a few in leading his team to two Super Bowl wins.
But one more than Dan Marino, so shut your mouth.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Yeah I'm not sure how much winning a superbowl, or multiple superbowls, should count towards being the best of the best.  Plenty of shitty QBs have won the Superbowl, even multiple times.  Some great QBs have never won it.  It's still a team game, and while the QB has more impact on the outcome of the game than any other player on the field, they're still only 1 of 11 people on the field (and even then only half the time).

Dan Marino is still great despite not winning, right?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: Neil on January 25, 2010, 02:31:44 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 25, 2010, 12:44:00 PM
As it stands he has won one Super Bowl. And if they win in 13 days he still will only match Ben Roethlisberger, Bob Griese and Roger Staubach to name a few in leading his team to two Super Bowl wins.
But one more than Dan Marino, so shut your mouth.

Did i say Marino was up there with those guys, you fucking moron.

Neil

Quote from: katmai on January 25, 2010, 02:36:10 PM
Marino is greater than any of those guys, despite his 0 Superbowl wins.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Quote from: Neil on January 25, 2010, 02:45:33 PM

Nope

Valmy

There is joke of the century.  Marino couldn't even get his team to the Super Bowl in an era when the AFC was terrible.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Valmy on January 25, 2010, 04:08:15 PM
There is joke of the century.  Marino couldn't even get his team to the Super Bowl in an era when the AFC was terrible.
Super Bowl XIX?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Marino never threw an interception that wasn't his recievers' fault.  He's a dick.  And not fit to carry Elway's jock.  Or Isotoner gloves.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 25, 2010, 06:08:01 PM

Marino never threw an interception that wasn't his recievers' fault.  He's a dick.  And not fit to carry Elway's jock.  Or Isotoner gloves.

I knew there was still good in you.