Main Menu

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 25, 2010, 06:08:01 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 25, 2010, 02:45:33 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 25, 2010, 02:36:10 PM
Did i say Marino was up there with those guys, you fucking moron.
Marino is greater than any of those guys, despite his 0 Superbowl wins.

Marino never threw an interception that wasn't his recievers' fault.  He's a dick.  And not fit to carry Elway's jock.  Or Isotoner gloves.

So being great player means being a nice person?

Since when?

I'm sure, say, Sage Rosenfels is a wonderful human being.  I'd still rather have Favre dick the Vikings around for 8 months and come back in 2010 than have Rosenfels as our QB.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

Because the Vikings didn't win the north last year and get booted out of the playoffs.  What's changed?  Other than having tons of people hate your team now for taking on Favre?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on January 25, 2010, 06:17:08 PMI'd still rather have Favre dick the Vikings around for 8 months and come back in 2010 than have Rosenfels as our QB.

Pfft.  If you're gonna choke your team, don't throw a pick;  that's sooo pedestrian.  Anybody can do that.
If my team's going to implode, I want it to implode SPECTACULARLY.

Neil

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 25, 2010, 06:21:11 PM
Because the Vikings didn't win the north last year and get booted out of the playoffs.  What's changed?  Other than having tons of people hate your team now for taking on Favre?
At least they won a playoff game, which is one step up from last year.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on January 25, 2010, 06:29:18 PM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 25, 2010, 06:21:11 PM
At least they won a playoff game, which is one step up from last year.

Two steps up: they got a first round bye, and then won a game.

jimmy olsen

Looks like I have to root for the Saints, the Colts can't be allowed to win another Superbowl.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

ulmont

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 25, 2010, 07:05:09 PM
Looks like I have to root for the Saints, the Colts can't be allowed to win another Superbowl.

Why the hell not?   :rolleyes:

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 25, 2010, 04:19:41 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 25, 2010, 04:08:15 PM
There is joke of the century.  Marino couldn't even get his team to the Super Bowl in an era when the AFC was terrible.
Super Bowl XIX?

Yes a glorious moment for Dan Marino, he was the greatest quarterback to ever be dominated by the Niner defense.

The fact is that started a string of 13 years of AFC ineptitude that Marino was not even able to participate in.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on January 25, 2010, 07:35:04 PM
Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 25, 2010, 04:19:41 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 25, 2010, 04:08:15 PM
There is joke of the century.  Marino couldn't even get his team to the Super Bowl in an era when the AFC was terrible.
Super Bowl XIX?

Yes a glorious moment for Dan Marino, he was the greatest quarterback to ever be dominated by the Niner defense.

No that was John Elway in Super Bowl XXIV, fucking Redskin fan dumbass.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on January 25, 2010, 07:17:48 PM
Colts-Pats rivalry.
It's not much of a rivalry anymore, given how crap the Patriots are.

It's sort of like the Raiders-Steelers rivalry.  Except the Raiders can beat the Steelers.  LOLOLOLOL.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on January 25, 2010, 07:51:06 PM
No that was John Elway in Super Bowl XXIV, fucking Redskin fan dumbass.

Elway wasn't dominated he was just preparing for a stunning 2nd half comeback and ran out of time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 25, 2010, 06:21:54 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 25, 2010, 06:17:08 PMI'd still rather have Favre dick the Vikings around for 8 months and come back in 2010 than have Rosenfels as our QB.

Pfft.  If you're gonna choke your team, don't throw a pick;  that's sooo pedestrian.  Anybody can do that.
If my team's going to implode, I want it to implode SPECTACULARLY.

Damn right.  Losses happen all the time.  The Rosencopter thing was legendary.

I would also like to point out that the implosion started happening almost IMMEDIATELY after Tim made a comment about the Texans kicking the Colts asses.  Like...his post appeared, I had time to read it, and there was the first turnover.  Sage had been in full beast mode right up until that moment, then he just melted down.

Hopefully the Saints are good enough to overcome The Taint.  Sage Rosenfels clearly wasn't.  The Taint absolutely destroyed poor Sage.