News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

:lol:

Senor Blue, you don't know me very well if you think I'd ragequit a game.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

If grumbler thinks that the guy consistently waking up at 6:30 on Sundays the most likely to do so, however, then we're in good shape.  :P
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on February 01, 2010, 04:26:34 PM
Liep said he will play this Sun, but no idea if wants/interested in continuing past that.

Yeah, we need to find out if he just wants to jump into a session or make this an ongoing thing.  I don't think anyone actually expects Liep to jump in permanently, but he'd certainly be welcome if he thinks he can consistently make the times.

If he cannot, however, I think we should press on with six and a 1492 start with the usual powers : Spain, Portugal, France, England, Ottomans and Austria.  I'm open to suggestion about start date if anyone prefers an earlier one, though and I don't think the powers are necessarily locked in.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on February 01, 2010, 06:30:25 PM
Quote from: katmai on February 01, 2010, 04:26:34 PM
Liep said he will play this Sun, but no idea if wants/interested in continuing past that.

Yeah, we need to find out if he just wants to jump into a session or make this an ongoing thing.  I don't think anyone actually expects Liep to jump in permanently, but he'd certainly be welcome if he thinks he can consistently make the times.

If he cannot, however, I think we should press on with six and a 1492 start with the usual powers : Spain, Portugal, France, England, Ottomans and Austria.  I'm open to suggestion about start date if anyone prefers an earlier one, though and I don't think the powers are necessarily locked in.

FFS 6:30 am isn't early enough for you!!!!

Habbaku

Careful, Kat, you'll confuse the Euros.  :P

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on February 01, 2010, 03:34:06 PM
What is this Normandy game of which you speak?

As Ulmont posted, it's The Battle for Normandy.

If you're interested, do let me know.  It'd be fun to play a team campaign with a competent teammate.  :)

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on February 01, 2010, 06:37:37 PM
Quote from: Delirium on February 01, 2010, 03:34:06 PM
What is this Normandy game of which you speak?

As Ulmont posted, it's The Battle for Normandy.

If you're interested, do let me know.  It'd be fun to play a team campaign with a competent teammate.  :)

Looks Purdy.

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on February 01, 2010, 06:39:51 PM
Looks Purdy.

It is rather well-done, artistically.  Of course, that's somewhat irrelevant since it achieves what few monster games do--it's playable.  The rules do take a bit of reading and re-reading, not to mention trial and error, but they are rather slender and the concepts aren't difficult at all.  In addition, if taught, they're very easy to learn.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on February 01, 2010, 06:45:50 PM
Quote from: katmai on February 01, 2010, 06:39:51 PM
Looks Purdy.

It is rather well-done, artistically.  Of course, that's somewhat irrelevant since it achieves what few monster games do--it's playable.  The rules do take a bit of reading and re-reading, not to mention trial and error, but they are rather slender and the concepts aren't difficult at all.  In addition, if taught, they're very easy to learn.

Yeah just dl'd the pdf showing the invasion example from GMT

Berkut

I would be willing to get another BfN team game going. Lord knows the current one is crawling along slowly enough these days.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Liep

I'd be a better sub if we could push the start time a few hours (kat, you can just stay up, no?). And I really don't know my working times on sundays more than a week ahead, so can't make it permanent.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on February 01, 2010, 06:37:37 PMAs Ulmont posted, it's The Battle for Normandy.

The guys over here are just getting their copies now so I didn't think you'd be up and running already. Sometimes I forget our continents differ. If it's cyberboard and the rules digestable I'm certainly up for a game. Will check it out.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Tamas

:hmm: Is there any point to playing ze Germans, victory conditions-wise, or it's just for the heck of being pwned?

Delirium

Well, it's149 bucks to preorder so let's hope they got the victory conditions balanced up or else it's a pretty expensive masochist toy.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on February 01, 2010, 04:45:00 PM
:lol:

Senor Blue, you don't know me very well if you think I'd ragequit a game.
You don't think I chose your name by chance, do you?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!