And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on April 19, 2010, 11:36:22 AM
Having just checked out the scenario, though, the Netherlands isn't releasable in 1492--only Holland exists and has cores on the northern three provinces.

:bleeding: how about just 1399 then? France and Muscovy has it hard but otherwise its rather equally spread challenge-wise. Okay, Venice is fucked as well...

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on April 19, 2010, 11:38:22 AM
Do we need to release it?

I suppose getting them released does make a nice war-aim during the second session.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

How about we all make an agreement to help out the nations that start out badly to set themselves up successfully, regardless of alliances?  The complicated human diplomacy will probably not come into play in the first hundred years, we might as well all collectively make sure that every human gets a viable nation going.

Solmyr

IMO with the new HRE expansion checks and Brandenburg being in play Austria will have plenty of counters even with a 1492 start. Although I'd be fine with 1453 or 1399 too.

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on April 19, 2010, 11:49:36 AM
IMO with the new HRE expansion checks and Brandenburg being in play Austria will have plenty of counters even with a 1492 start. Although I'd be fine with 1453 or 1399 too.

Good point, my vote is still on 1453 though. Don't tell me Muscovy is worse off than in 1399.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on April 19, 2010, 11:52:47 AM

Good point, my vote is still on 1453 though. Don't tell me Muscovy is worse off than in 1399.

I'm with Tamas on this--I prefer a 1453 start to yet another 1492 in which the Netherlands being Austrian from the get-go ends up hamstringing diplomacy for a long time.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

I'm fine with 1453 then - Castile being a junior partner in a union with Aragon in 1492 is way too much hassle anyway, not to mention rather questionable (Castile was by far the more important of the two kingdoms).

Tamas

So it is settled then? 1453?

My friend, running on the name Anatron here btw, is considering being the eastern edge of things, with one of the countries being able to form the mughals. any recommendations?

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on April 19, 2010, 11:26:01 AM
My friend has registered, currently waiting for the confirmation e-mail. Katmai probably ate it.

Have we decided on the starting date yet?
Don't look at me.
Neil and Herr stankass are the only two who deal with that.
Neil probably vetoed it per his 1 gypsy on board rule, so it is all your fault Tamas.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Quote from: katmai on April 19, 2010, 12:30:20 PM
Quote from: Tamas on April 19, 2010, 11:26:01 AM
My friend has registered, currently waiting for the confirmation e-mail. Katmai probably ate it.

Have we decided on the starting date yet?
Don't look at me.
Neil and Herr stankass are the only two who deal with that.
Neil probably vetoed it per his 1 gypsy on board rule, so it is all your fault Tamas.

katmai

Why am I not surprised you would use a Hitler picture.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Kleves

IMO with the new HRE expansion checks and Brandenburg being in play Austria will have plenty of counters even with a 1492 start.
:yes:
I don't think we need to worry about Austria, especially since we have a human Bradenburg and Venice.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

sbr

Quote from: Tamas on April 19, 2010, 12:15:27 PM
So it is settled then? 1453?

My friend, running on the name Anatron here btw, is considering being the eastern edge of things, with one of the countries being able to form the mughals. any recommendations?

Khorasan?

Habbaku

Khorasan seems the most likely.  They are, however, a Shiite country in charge of an all-Sunni kingdom.  However, compared to their neighbors the Timurids, they are in a great position.  The Timurids start with a tribal government, which can be hell to get out of.

-J. R. R. Tolkien