News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

As mentioned, I will be home slightly later tomorrow, so we'll have to begin 30 minutes later than usual. I might be online sooner than that, but it's not certain.

Tamas

Ok so that means we start at 5PM my time, and just to let you know in advance, 20-30 minutes after that, I will have to AFK for 10-15 minutes or so... so either we pause or go to speed 1 or something for that time

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Solmyr

Solmyr

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Kleves

With the defeat of Austria, Portugal, Spain, and Russia by France, England, and the OE, the game is basically over.

I give the following final rankings: 1. France, 2. Spain, 3. Austria, 4. England, 5. Portugal, 6. OE, 7. Russia.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Tamas

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Solmyr

I rank myself at least equal to Austria, and with my planned acquisition of Portuguese India higher than them. :P

Good all things considered, with England being in the shithole at the start of the game. I'm not really playing these games to see who "wins" the first place, I'm just trying to do the best I can with my own country. So helping France was not something I considered game-breaking, but rather something that Britain could benefit from.

katmai

Good luck with next game guys, but with this weekend TV job making it a pain in butt to play at such early time.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

BTW, for winning: Prestige should be our VP for the next game.

Solmyr

Don't think we really need to determine "winners" as such, as long as people have fun. If you achieve your goals, you've won. Prestige can be manipulated, too.

Btw, if we start in 1453, Muscovy will be fucked, since they don't get Novgorod until 1480. Of course we could just not play them...

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on April 18, 2010, 05:01:15 PM
Don't think we really need to determine "winners" as such, as long as people have fun. If you achieve your goals, you've won.

I agree. In these games of ours, the dynamics at play and such were the most interesting.

Alcibiades

Yeah, try starting in 1399 as them.   :glare: