News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

If we have no human Portugal, that would let human colonizers become very strong indeed (Castile/Spain especially).

Netherlands was just a suggestion. IMO there's no real need to artificially weaken 1492 Austria anymore, especially if there's Brandenburg in play.

I myself prefer 1492 because it has all major powers start on a more or less equal footing (aside from England which doesn't change from 1399-1453 much). Of course 1492 would be comparatively worse for Brandenburg. 1453 is ok but IMO not very different from 1399, and some people didn't like 1399, so...

sbr

Quote from: Solmyr on April 19, 2010, 02:49:25 AM
If we have no human Portugal, that would let human colonizers become very strong indeed (Castile/Spain especially).

Netherlands was just a suggestion. IMO there's no real need to artificially weaken 1492 Austria anymore, especially if there's Brandenburg in play.

I myself prefer 1492 because it has all major powers start on a more or less equal footing (aside from England which doesn't change from 1399-1453 much). Of course 1492 would be comparatively worse for Brandenburg. 1453 is ok but IMO not very different from 1399, and some people didn't like 1399, so...

But what MP Portugal isn't attached at the hip to Castille/Spain?  They might as well be the same country, they just get twice as many colonists as anyone else.

IMO the counter a united Italy can play to both France and Austria is worth a hell of a lot more than what Portugal adds to the game.  If Spain and Portugal are going to be joined at the hip we might as well just let Spain conquer the peninsula for themsevles.

katmai

You bastards.
I want to realize my Milan from the 1st eu3 mp

I'd be willing to get lack of sleep to try that out again or to play Sweden.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

People, we can start at any date, just remember your history lessons and choose one :P

I really dont mind what power I get. Heck, I would not mind that much to have the Ottos again, now that they have their own tech group, unit roster, and maybe I would not get retarded monarchs and constant negative stability events in the first half of the game. But obviously they are the last on my preference list.

But to give a couple of names, England and Austria.

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on April 18, 2010, 11:33:57 PM
Tamas' newbie friend (hopefully didn't take lessons from Tamas) - ?

And just what that's supposed to mean?! :ultra:

I will try and contact the guy today. Will either have him register here, or tell you that he is not interested.

Hopefully we can get a bigger crew, Alci's connection should be able to handle it.

Alcibiades

My connection is rock solid.   :cool:

I'd like to play:  France, OE, Sweden
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Berkut

I suspected I was the glue holding this game together...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on April 19, 2010, 08:51:58 AM
I suspected I was the glue holding this game together...

You were certainly the glue keeping the Russo-Turkish alliance together :P sbr jumped on me, so at one time I had Austrians blitzing down the Balkans, 130 Spanish ships blockading the Dardanelles, and Russians coming from Europe and the Caucasus.

But, he also proved you right since after a deadlock I gained the upper hand and started to gobble up his provinces and white peace him out of the war. ^_^

Kleves

I suppose I could take the OE (Tamas has: convinced me) or Castile.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Solmyr

I can take Castile then.

I also got a friend who is interested in joining, I'll have him register here asap.

DGuller

The more I think about it, the more I'm sure I want to play Venice.  If sbr passes on it, I want to take it.  I don't mind being a minor power, I think Italian unification would be fun with a right alliance or two.

Habbaku

Right, that leaves us with :

Habbaku - Brandenburg (maybe)
Kleves - Ottoman Empire
Solmyr - Castile
DGuller - Venice
Alci - France
Tamas - England
Katmai - Sweden (?)
sbr - Venice if he wants, otherwise needs to pick another
Tamas' Friend - ?
Solmyr's Friend - ?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

My friend has registered, currently waiting for the confirmation e-mail. Katmai probably ate it.

Have we decided on the starting date yet?

Habbaku

I think we're settled on 1492 with Austria releasing (and de-vassalizing) the Netherlands.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Having just checked out the scenario, though, the Netherlands isn't releasable in 1492--only Holland exists and has cores on the northern three provinces.

-J. R. R. Tolkien