News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WWII games

Started by Caliga, January 01, 2010, 09:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Ok, so I'm kinda missing playing any WWII stuff lately (the last such game I played was CoD: World at War, which I beat like 3 months ago).  I was thinking of picking up Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific, or perhaps maybe one of those tactical shooters set in Europe.

Recommendations?  I know CdM was playing Silent Hunter at one point, but IIRC it was really buggy when it was released and I dunno if that shit got fixed.  It's $9.99 on Steam ATM.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Did you take a look at that Ubi soft WWII collection at steam ?

or the whole silent hunter collection is $14.99
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Not interested in the collection as I don't want the flight sims (I only like 'civilian' flight sims) nor Silent Hunter III as I feel morally conflicted playing as the Germans sinking British and American ships  :blush:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on January 01, 2010, 09:22:42 PM
Not interested in the collection as I don't want the flight sims (I only like 'civilian' flight sims) nor Silent Hunter III as I feel morally conflicted playing as the Germans sinking British and American ships  :blush:

lol, OK fahdiz.

Yeah, the bugs got fixed quite a while ago;  I'm sure you have the machine to push it.

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on January 01, 2010, 09:22:42 PM
nor Silent Hunter III as I feel morally conflicted playing as the Germans sinking British and American ships  :blush:

Okay fahdiz east!

yeah i was thinking of picking up the Collection for the Sub and Brothers games, also heard good things about the IL-2 iirc.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2010, 09:24:41 PM
lol, OK fahdiz.

Yeah, the bugs got fixed quite a while ago;  I'm sure you have the machine to push it.
I was mostly kidding about SH 3, but I much prefer killing Japs to killing Anglo-Saxons.  :cool:

Here's my preference of WWII races to kill in order:

Japs and Russians - utter barbarians
French and Italians - lazy papists
British - BO-RING
Germans - basically good dudes who for some godawful reason let a closeted homofag Austrian boss them around and do stupid shit
Americans - USA!  USA!  USA!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on January 01, 2010, 09:30:07 PM
Here's my preference of WWII races to kill in order:

Japs and Russians - utter barbarians
French and Italians - lazy papists
British - BO-RING
Germans - basically good dudes who for some godawful reason let a closeted homofag Austrian boss them around and do stupid shit
Americans - USA!  USA!  USA!

LOL
Personally, I like to kill Germans.  Especially Nazis.  Nazis ain't got no humanity, and they must be destroyed.
I love being Russians and Japs, though.  Crazy fuckers.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2010, 09:32:45 PM
LOL
Personally, I like to kill Germans.  Especially Nazis.  Nazis ain't got no humanity, and they must be destroyed.
Nigga plz, I'm talking about the Wehrmacht here, not Steven Spielberg Nazis.  NAZIS, I HATE THOSE GUYS LULZ.

Caliga

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on January 01, 2010, 09:44:52 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2010, 09:32:45 PM
LOL
Nigga plz, I'm talking about the Wehrmacht here, not Steven Spielberg Nazis.  NAZIS, I HATE THOSE GUYS LULZ.

Your Bund tendencies are showing. Herr Caliga  <_<

Grey Fox

I heard good thing about Hell's Highway.

Caliga, get the Ubi WWII collection, give the flightsim away to me.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

:blink:

The Ubisoft WWII package is only a penny more than the BIA package and includes the Silent Hunter games too.

sbr

Quote from: Caliga on January 01, 2010, 09:45:30 PM
Ok, so how close to the actual gameplay is this vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulS0EgER6UY&feature=PlayList&p=04CEF1270E317BB3&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3

Real close.  I played the first BiA game, Road to Hill 30 and it was a lot of fun; I got the second one but haven't played it much, I kept dying on one of the first missions and lost interest. :Embarrass:

Caliga

Quote from: katmai on January 01, 2010, 09:47:35 PM
Your Bund tendencies are showing. Herr Caliga  <_<
Here's a video of me from my teenage, thinner, and blonder years  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMVql9RLP34

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 01, 2010, 09:55:09 PM
I heard good thing about Hell's Highway.

Caliga, get the Ubi WWII collection, give the flightsim away to me.
Well, I went ahead and bought the collection, but I don't see any way to do that.  But if you know how, tell me how and I'll do it.