And we're back!

Main Menu

Napoleon Total War

Started by Martim Silva, January 21, 2010, 07:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 17, 2010, 12:40:23 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 17, 2010, 12:38:03 AM
I knew there would be one sucker that actually bought it.   The thing that surprises me is that you would publicly admit it.

What

crap at any price is still crap.

MadBurgerMaker

RTW and M2TW and their expansions are worth more than $20.  Sure, ETW was/is a pile of shit, but those aren't.

Agelastus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 17, 2010, 04:10:40 PM
RTW and M2TW and their expansions are worth more than $20.  Sure, ETW was/is a pile of shit, but those aren't.

:yes:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Ed Anger

RTW is fun unless you bloat it up with useless mods that bloat the map and unit counts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 17, 2010, 06:28:20 PM
RTW is fun unless you bloat it up with useless mods that bloat the map and unit counts.

Yeah, that bigass map mod sucks.  I didn't think there could be such a thing as too many provinces, but that one does it.

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 17, 2010, 08:17:34 PM

Yeah, that bigass map mod sucks.  I didn't think there could be such a thing as too many provinces, but that one does it.
Yeah, I hated the one with too many provinces, but the other one with that many provinces where is wasn't too many was great.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on February 18, 2010, 07:46:37 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 17, 2010, 08:17:34 PM

Yeah, I hated the one with too many provinces, but the other one with that many provinces where is wasn't too many was great.

:lol:

I approve of this thread

Octavian

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 17, 2010, 04:10:40 PM

Agreed although with the Darthmod ETW is IMO playable.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Octavian on February 18, 2010, 08:24:15 AM
Agreed although with the Darthmod ETW is IMO playable.

Yeah it's playable, but even DarthMod can't (or couldn't, haven't used it in a while) fix all the shitty little annoyances and bugs in ETW. 

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: grumbler on February 18, 2010, 07:46:37 AM

Hm?

Viking

Quote from: Warspite on February 08, 2010, 08:03:20 PM

Yes, that's why Shogun Total War was the first game in the series; featuring ninjas, it could standalone.

No, this is why Shogun Total War was the first game in the series. It was an actual game.

Also known as Samurai Swords (due to a copyright conflict with Shogun the book)

Every aspect of the STW is taken from the board game. There is no equivalent Medieval Game or Rome Game.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

I've played Nappy Total War and it's not that bad. Two week turns and winter attrition means that you have campaigns rather than sustained pressure.

Naturally you have little A.I. resistence against you when you face them on equal or better terms. 2-1 against means I get bloodied, 3-1 against means I have to run away next battle or lose my army. But the AI is improved.

Artillery is stronger and does alot of damage, which is great, as Austria I only had two artillery in each of my armies north and south of the alps ( in the campaign game) and I was still planning disposition based on where it was best to place the guns. Skirmishers were useful, so much so that I usually deployed them in masse where the enemy would arrive one by one. Just watching a single cavalry charge 4 skirmishers with loaded guns was a chilling sight, then watching those 4 skirmishers get routed to a man when charged by 4 cavalry was even more worrying.

The drop in function sounds great, I might actually buy the game for that... Starting a battle against an equal number of Frenchies commanded by Davoudt only to have some human player drop in and kick my ass. That could be fun.

Napoleon might work great for an ACW mod. I seems to have all the mechanics ready and the weaponry seems more fitting (artillery, rifles, dragoons etc.)
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.