And we're back!

Main Menu

Napoleon Total War

Started by Martim Silva, January 21, 2010, 07:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Solmyr on February 08, 2010, 09:02:25 AM
What if you have a pirated copy?

I disagree with Grumbler on this.  Pirates do not stand alone.  They work in crews.  Even if you were to find a pirate who would stand alone, no matter how much you feed him and no matter how much he expands, you will simply have a bloated stand alone pirate not (and I repeat for emphasis NOT) an expansion separate and apart from the said stand alone pirate.

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 08, 2010, 03:34:40 PM

I disagree with Grumbler on this.  Pirates do not stand alone. 
You are forgetting about Ray Teller.  He was working alone when he stole his future partner's insect collection and entered it as his own in 8th grade science class; he became famous as "the Pirate of Penn's Ants."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Warspite

I disagree with Grumbler on this.  Pirates do not stand alone.  They work in crews.  Even if you were to find a pirate who would stand alone, no matter how much you feed him and no matter how much he expands, you will simply have a bloated stand alone pirate not (and I repeat for emphasis NOT) an expansion separate and apart from the said stand alone pirate.

Yes, that's why Shogun Total War was the first game in the series; featuring ninjas, it could standalone.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

katmai

Man you guys love to beat a dead horse.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Quote from: katmai on February 08, 2010, 08:07:26 PM

Does the horse need empire to be beaten to death, or is it stand-alone?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Drakken on February 09, 2010, 05:39:20 PM
Quote from: katmai on February 08, 2010, 08:07:26 PM

Does the horse need empire to be beaten to death, or is it stand-alone?

You are making a similar error to the one made by Grumbler.  I dead horse does not stand whether it is alone or not.  Indeed even if one was to expand a dead horse it would not properly be standing even if it was upright simply because of its girth.  To properly be a stand alone horse it must be alive and as we all know a horse that expands will usually die.

Solmyr

What if it's an undead horse?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Solmyr on February 10, 2010, 06:56:07 AM
What if it's an undead horse?

Definitely a stand alone with no chance of expansion.

PDH

A horse divides against itself cannot stand.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

KRonn

Quote from: grumbler on February 08, 2010, 05:07:32 PM

I disagree with Grumbler on this.  Pirates do not stand alone. 
You are forgetting about Ray Teller.  He was working alone when he stole his future partner's insect collection and entered it as his own in 8th grade science class; he became famous as "the Pirate of Penn's Ants."
:D

Hansmeister

Well, I just got Empire: Total War, plus Medieval II: Total War and the expansions, plus Rome:Total War plus expansion for $20 on Steam.  Not bad of a deal.

But as prussia I was at war with France, was able to capture the nearly empty capital due to the french army being in belgium and suddenly France is no more!  WTF?  What idiot made that design decision.  Oh well, I'll try Medieval II next.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Hansmeister on February 13, 2010, 11:48:09 PM
Well, I just got Empire: Total War, plus Medieval II: Total War and the expansions, plus Rome:Total War plus expansion for $20 on Steam.  Not bad of a deal.

But as prussia I was at war with France, was able to capture the nearly empty capital due to the french army being in belgium and suddenly France is no more!  WTF?  What idiot made that design decision.  Oh well, I'll try Medieval II next.

I knew there would be one sucker that actually bought it.   The thing that surprises me is that you would publicly admit it.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 17, 2010, 12:38:03 AM
I knew there would be one sucker that actually bought it.   The thing that surprises me is that you would publicly admit it.

What

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son