And we're back!

Main Menu

Napoleon Total War

Started by Martim Silva, January 21, 2010, 07:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Slargos on January 23, 2010, 09:36:21 AM
Quote from: katmai on January 23, 2010, 09:34:22 AM
No Slargy he is pulling your chain, it is a stand alone game.

I don't understand. How can an expansion be a stand alone game?

You don't need any prior Total War games to play.

You do however need to have your own musket and powder - they are doing this one on the cheap.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

katmai

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 29, 2010, 10:54:48 AM

You do however need to have your own musket and powder - they are doing this one on the cheap.

Have you seen how much a musket goes for these days?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

frunk

Cheap for them, not for you.

Iormlund

Quote from: Martim Silva on January 27, 2010, 06:57:00 PM
What about the 'drop-in' feature? Would it be interesting to go to the n00bs' games and pwn them, or then risk getting pwned yourself when playing the single player game?

Would it reduce a bit of the sillyness in Empires?

It's an elegant solution to their inability to code a halfway decent AI.

Tamas

Quote from: Iormlund on January 29, 2010, 12:19:27 PM
Quote from: Martim Silva on January 27, 2010, 06:57:00 PM
What about the 'drop-in' feature? Would it be interesting to go to the n00bs' games and pwn them, or then risk getting pwned yourself when playing the single player game?

Would it reduce a bit of the sillyness in Empires?

It's an elegant solution to their inability to code a halfway decent AI.

Actually if implemented seamlessly it could be a feature prompting me to buy it eventually.

Of course, its kind of annoying that they are selling an expansion for a standalone game's price.

Warspite

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 29, 2010, 10:54:48 AM
Quote from: Slargos on January 23, 2010, 09:36:21 AM
Quote from: katmai on January 23, 2010, 09:34:22 AM
No Slargy he is pulling your chain, it is a stand alone game.

I don't understand. How can an expansion be a stand alone game?

That depends - the stable fees for the cavalry expansion are extortionate.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Martim Silva

Quote from: Tamas
Of course, its kind of annoying that they are selling an expansion for a standalone game's price.

Now, now... no need for that.

You can buy it at Amazon.com for £17.73... and the combined Napoleon+Empires for £33. And since you're EU like me, it will be delivered to your home without hassle from Customs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Napoleon-Total-War-PC-DVD/dp/B002M78NM6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1264949939&sr=1-1

Agelastus

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys are killing me - your stand up routine should be on a stage somewhere.

Which one of you is the young Rowan Atkinson...
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Tamas

So when will this be out?
I want to reinstall Empire in time.

Threviel

I won't bother reading the whole thread so I'll just ask, do I need empire to play this or is it a stand-alone?

Tamas

Quote from: Threviel on February 08, 2010, 05:57:05 AM
I won't bother reading the whole thread so I'll just ask, do I need empire to play this or is it a stand-alone?

:lol:

frunk

From what I've read I think if you own Empire it's a stand-alone, but if you don't it's an expansion.

Solmyr

What if you have a pirated copy?

grumbler

Quote from: Threviel on February 08, 2010, 05:57:05 AM
Yes.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Solmyr on February 08, 2010, 09:02:25 AM
What if you have a pirated copy?
Then you try to get the pirate to stand alone, and if he can not or will not, feed him until he expands.

I don't see why people are finding this so hard to grasp.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!