News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WWII games

Started by Caliga, January 01, 2010, 09:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

:lol: Wait, he wasn't a real person, was he?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Caliga on March 16, 2010, 04:29:02 PM

I don't think so... that's the name of Borgnine's character... doubt that it was based on a real guy
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Caliga

Quote from: AnchorClanker on March 16, 2010, 04:34:12 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 16, 2010, 04:29:02 PM

I don't think so... that's the name of Borgnine's character... doubt that it was based on a real guy
Yeah, I know what the name is a reference to.... I just did a double take when I saw that because I always assumed it was a fictitious person.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on March 16, 2010, 04:58:26 PM
Yeah, I know what the name is a reference to.... I just did a double take when I saw that because I always assumed it was a fictitious person.
It is a fictitious person, just like 90+% of the other names in the game (every pilot and ship captain is named, FFS)..  Just a bit of unexpected humor, that's all.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on March 16, 2010, 05:57:51 PM
It is a fictitious person, just like 90+% of the other names in the game

Why didn't they research the game? Surely the names of all men who served in the Pacific are available in the records?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

And miss out on the chance of deploying McHale's navy?