News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How your income stacks up

Started by Monoriu, December 29, 2009, 10:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Cecil on December 31, 2009, 06:56:44 AM
I´d like to see him admit doing that at the uni surrounded my the usual femi-nazi pack that prowls the area.

Especially using the same language.  The prisoner was stout and sturdily built.  The sex was not entirely unpleasant.  :lol:

Monoriu

Quote from: Zanza on December 31, 2009, 05:47:29 AM

If you calculate like that, 25 is too conservative. Most people retire between say 60-65 I guess. At that age, women in Germany still have an average life expectancy of about 23-24 years, men about 20 years or so. It's similar in other developed countries. Unless you are betting that you will be among those dying early, you need even more money.

25 times should last forever in most cases, because there will be interest and dividend income, and capital appreciation.  You take away 4%, the rest of the portfolio (96%) is still working for you for next year and beyond.  The number is arrived by testing hypothetical portfolios against past data.  It should survive even if it met Great Depression level recessions.  But past data is no gurantee of the future, so there is never 100% gurantee. 

Zanza

Quote from: Monoriu on December 31, 2009, 08:31:21 AM25 times should last forever in most cases, because there will be interest and dividend income, and capital appreciation.  You take away 4%, the rest of the portfolio (96%) is still working for you for next year and beyond.  The number is arrived by testing hypothetical portfolios against past data.  It should survive even if it met Great Depression level recessions.  But past data is no gurantee of the future, so there is never 100% gurantee.
So you leave the principal untouched? What's the point, especially if you don't have children?  :hmm:

Pat

Quote from: Slargos on December 31, 2009, 06:35:52 AM
Migs fucked a POW.  :lol:

I don't know whether to consider that worse than knowingly fucking a slave whore, but the difference is certainly minute.

You're a nasty piece of work, Migs.

Well it's not something I'm proud of. Still not entirely sure of her status, those are only my suspicions, and at any rate I didn't develop those suspicions until later. It is not true to describe it as "knowingly". And anyway she didn't seem to mind the whole thing; quite the opposite. I'll admit this is hard to know for sure, especially as she didn't speak english. My friend was able to get some communication going and was told most their clients were arabs.

Quote from: Cecil on December 31, 2009, 06:56:44 AM

I´d like to see him admit doing that at the uni surrounded my the usual femi-nazi pack that prowls the area.

Law in Stockholm is a staunchly right-wing bastion, at least among the students (the same can not be said for the staff - in family law in particular we had to endure some feminazism). I've probably told some of my fellow students while drunk.

Pat

Quote from: Jacob on December 31, 2009, 03:09:50 AM
This is not a family forum.

I know it's not, but did you really want a detailed description?

Razgovory

Quote from: Pat on December 31, 2009, 11:32:37 AM
Quote from: Jacob on December 31, 2009, 03:09:50 AM
This is not a family forum.

I know it's not, but did you really want a detailed description?

Some of us a pretty fucking weird.  There might be a desire to hear graphic details on how you raped a tamale.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Pat

The spelling is Tamil, and there will be no details.  :lol:

crazy canuck

And to think Pat old me several pages ago he was going to quit posting in this thread.

Pat

You misunderstood me; I meant I'd quit the discussion with you.

Pat

I apologize for my needlessly pointed words, though (I don't think you're only motivated by self-interest)

Malthus

Quote from: Martim Silva on December 30, 2009, 08:56:47 PM
Protip: usually, after your career's first 10 years you have enough to start buying things that can generate alternative sources of income. They can easily make you independent of your current job.

"Easily"?  :unsure:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

This thread sure took a turn for the strange.  :lol:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on December 31, 2009, 11:56:38 AM
Some of us a pretty fucking weird.  There might be a desire to hear graphic details on how you raped a tamale.

That depends. Was it hot?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 31, 2009, 01:23:10 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 31, 2009, 11:56:38 AM

That depends. Was it hot?

Hot tamale.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Pat

:lol:

I will say no more on this subject.