News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Scores arrested in north Texas cockfight raid

Started by jimmy olsen, January 03, 2010, 03:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

About? With a specific number like that, there's no "about" about it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34671415/ns/us_news/
QuoteScores arrested in north Texas cockfight raid

updated 2:54 a.m. ET Jan. 3, 2010

FORT WORTH, Texas - About 169 people have been arrested in a cockfight raid northwest of Fort Worth.

Authorities said sheriff's deputies also seized 114 roosters Saturday near Poolville in north Parker County. Sheriff Larry Fowler said Child Protective Services workers also took custody of 10 to 15 children ages 7 to 15.

Fowler says drugs and cash were seized and dead and injured roosters were found. He says the raid site had been under surveillance for two weeks.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

The sheriff says those arrested will be charged with a gambling offense, and that organized crime charges may be considered against some.

John Goodwin of the Humane Society of the United States says cockfighting is a lucrative business.

Poolville is 50 miles northwest of Fort Worth.

___
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

A vicious attack on the time-honored traditions of your people. :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 03, 2010, 03:22:08 AM
Authorities said sheriff's deputies also seized 114 roosters Saturday near Poolville in north Parker County.

I'm guessing they were also euthanized.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: The Brain on January 03, 2010, 03:24:57 AM
QuoteSheriff Larry Fowler

:rolleyes:

Not someone a cockfighter would want to cross swords with. ;)
Experience bij!

Razgovory

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 03, 2010, 05:50:12 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 03, 2010, 03:22:08 AM
Authorities said sheriff's deputies also seized 114 roosters Saturday near Poolville in north Parker County.

I'm guessing they were also euthanized.

Then eaten.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive