No US combat-related deaths in Iraq!

Started by Razgovory, January 02, 2010, 05:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on January 02, 2010, 09:13:33 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 02, 2010, 08:55:40 PM
Quote from: Fate on January 02, 2010, 05:14:17 PM
Can we now say with confidence that the insurgency is imploding?  :hmm:

I have to admire the hubris of the "Iraq is doomed and will never see peace" crowd to now sit back and mock the very people they insisted were so wrong to support continuing the effort to achieve something.
Who knew back then that Obama would turn out to be such an effective president, and exceed even the wildest expectations when it comes to bringing peace to the region?

I knew!

That's why I voted for him - I was certain he could institute the McCain Plan much better than McCain could hope to.

(This is actually said only partly in jest.)
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Siege

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 02, 2010, 07:43:40 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 02, 2010, 06:04:58 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 02, 2010, 05:32:42 PM
That would be news to the 110,000 soldiers still there.
They're in bases.  The US pulled out of Iraqi cities in July and only have a support role when called in by the government.

There are still some combat outposts in Baghdad that I know for sure are open, one being the one near where I was.  Most soldiers are out and small outposts closed in the cities, but not all.

All the small COPs West of the Tigris were closed last December. I don't know what's going on the other side of the river, but at least there are no mortars or rockets flying out of Sadr City.

All the big COPs/small FOBs are still open, though. Justice, Honor, Freedom 1, 2, and 3, Union 1,2, and 3, Prosperity, Independence, and Hawk are open. All JSS are open too (Ameriyah, Yarmouk, Aamel, Salaam, Ghazaliyah, Khadraa, etc, etc.)

On your side of the river, I can tell for sure that JSS Rasheed and JSS Adhamiyah are open, plus a couple big COPs along the river, like Apache, are still in business.

But yeah, everything is very chill. The only thing we are doing is terrain denial so hajj don't place EFPs on MSR Tampa.
We got to pick up a few dudes the other day, a sigint TST, and when we turned them in to the IPs, they let them go.
IPs want witnesses. Sigint not good enough to place Ali Baba in jail. Go figure.

Yeah, it is gay as fuck.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"