News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

At least a foot. I got back from work around 3am and there was nothign on the ground.
PDH!

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 15, 2015, 08:55:27 AM
LOL, 5 degrees out.  Suck it, Bawlmer.

Mid 30's way up here, might bump 40 this week.

CountDeMoney

22" in 24 hours in Boston.  Fuck the Patriots.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on February 15, 2015, 09:30:02 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 15, 2015, 09:24:13 AM
Damn, have some of you guys considered living somewhere else?

I'm beginning to fear Kronn won't make through till sprint.  :(
I've been trying to tell KRonn to get out for years now, but he just won't listen.  He "doesn't mind it". :hmm:

Meanwhile we are expecting up to a foot of snow here in the next 24 hours, which for Kentucky is an extremely rare event and will be a total disaster if it pans out as predicted. :bleeding:

Huh. Enjoy!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Breaking all sorts of records with the freeze tonight. I worry about the stray animals.

garbon

Of course you would worry about animals before people.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

People have enough sense to worry about themselves.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 15, 2015, 09:40:38 AM
Think we got 10-12 inches out there, but it's hard to tell given the drifts.

Was 9-9.5 apparently.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 16, 2015, 09:22:24 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 15, 2015, 09:40:38 AM
Think we got 10-12 inches out there, but it's hard to tell given the drifts.

Was 9-9.5 apparently.

jimmy williams more like it. <_<
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2015, 08:35:37 AM

Dont see too many warming centers and ERs open for stray animals.  Stray people, yeah.

Hope your labia freeze shut, Cunty McCunterson.

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/jersey-woman-found-frozen-death-near-her-home-233542477.html

QuoteNew Jersey woman found frozen to death near her home

A New Jersey woman was found frozen to death in the snow near her home on Sunday morning, authorities said.

Olivia Benito, 66, had stopped by a neighbor's house for drinks after they left a benefit event at an Elks Club in Lakewood, New Jersey, Al Della Fave, spokesman for the Ocean County prosecutor's office, said in a news release.

The neighbor told police that Benito had some alcoholic beverages during the course of the evening, Della Fave said. She left the neighbor's townhouse at about midnight to walk to her home two doors away, he said.

The neighbor said she discovered Benito face down in snow when she went out to clear her car of snow at about 7 a.m. on Sunday, Della Fave said. She was pronounced dead at the scene by ambulance personnel, he said.

Police found no outward signs of trauma or foul play but the death remains under investigation, Della Fave said.

The temperature at 7 a.m. on Sunday in the Lakewood area was 10 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 16, 2015, 09:58:38 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2015, 08:35:37 AM

Dont see too many warming centers and ERs open for stray animals.  Stray people, yeah.

Hope your labia freeze shut, Cunty McCunterson.

They are fine if they are not idiots. Squirrels survive winters outside, so can cats & dogs.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

I thought squirrels hibernated.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 15, 2015, 12:13:41 PM
22" in 24 hours in Boston.  Fuck the Patriots.

Hehe, funny though, right after the first huge blizzard and the streets in the city were a mess, clogged and narrow from the snow, they made sure the Pat's parade route was clear. That may not have gone down well with everyone given all the real priorities needed. Schools closed, people couldn't get around Boston due to Mass Transit being down, hours long commutes to get to and from the city during rush hours.   <_<