And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on November 28, 2014, 12:17:12 AM
Ugh.

So apparently we got up to 30cm (one foot) of snow today.  Thankfully I left work early, because my usual 1 hour commute took 2 hours (including picking up the boys from daycare).

Except we didn't go home - we went to get the boys their booster shots and flu shots.  After a 2 hour drive they were lots of fun once we start sticking needles in them. <_<

Then we go home, put the boys to bed.  Except of course then it's my turn to shovel out the driveway, which has 20-30cm of snow on it.  And it's still snowing as I'm going.  Once I finished I could have just started over again, the snow was still accumulating.

The drive tomorrow should be lots of fun. :rolleyes:

You gonna buy a snow blower now?!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on November 28, 2014, 12:36:53 AM
Quote from: Neil on November 28, 2014, 12:22:48 AM
I recommend taking the day off.  That's what I did.

Can't.  Trial scheduled.  Same as every other day. :rolleyes:
Just push it to Monday.  Surely you can hang two villains in a day, right?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Does he look like the Prosecutioner?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Conditions are improving!  It only took me 1hr 45min to get to work this morning!

Of course that still made me late for court. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on November 28, 2014, 12:03:25 PM

Did the defense's petition for a speedy trial succeed?

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 28, 2014, 01:15:35 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 28, 2014, 12:03:25 PM

Did the defense's petition for a speedy trial succeed?

I was 20 minutes late, and already had a colleague speak to the matter to stand it down.  Besides, the Accused was later than I was.

I'm thinking about trying to work from home this afternoon.  Fuck did that drive just exhaust me.

Maladict

First snow in two years  :w00t:

Josquius

So much on tv down south. Not a drop up north :(
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Supposed to snow during the night. I might go for a bit of a walk tomorrow, if true. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Supposed to get 10-15cm of the stuff today.   :)

derspiess

We barely got an inch and a half last night, but it was enough for the yokels to go full retard this morning.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 05, 2015, 01:02:02 PM
We barely got an inch and a half last night, but it was enough for the yokels to go full retard this morning.

We still haven't had a substantial accumulation this season, which is a shame, as the first snowfall that hits more than 3" shuts this place down faster than a low orbit EMP blast. 

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 05, 2015, 01:05:26 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 05, 2015, 01:02:02 PM

We still haven't had a substantial accumulation this season, which is a shame, as the first snowfall that hits more than 3" shuts this place down faster than a low orbit EMP blast. 

All it takes down here is about a half inch.  But we haven't even had a flurry so far this winter.  That happened 2 years ago, too--not even a flurry all winter (though, of course, this winter isn't over yet).  Last winter, though, we had an unusually high amount of snowfall for the area, so I guess it still averages out.

Martinus

This thread is over 5 years old. :P

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on February 05, 2015, 03:34:49 PM
This thread is over 5 years old. :P
We had snow problems for that long? :o