News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on April 06, 2013, 05:52:22 AM
Yesterday it was around 70 and it'll be highs in the 60s and 70s for the next two weeks according to the forecast. :cool:

Fucking spring.

garbon

I'm excited though my allergies have been off the charts.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Time to bump this thread - it's snowing today in E-town. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Yay!  That means it's on its way soon.

Long-term forecast is calling for another nasty, snowy winter this year.  You hear that Meri?  Sweet!  :yeah:

Savonarola

Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2014, 01:38:53 PM

Heh, that seems impossible when it's 88F/31C here.

Is this early for you?  The earliest snow I ever saw was September 21 (when I was in college in Michigan's upper peninsula).  That was a couple weeks early for them.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Whatever happens this winter, the weather is absolutely perfect today. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: Savonarola on September 08, 2014, 01:45:08 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2014, 01:38:53 PM

Heh, that seems impossible when it's 88F/31C here.

Is this early for you?  The earliest snow I ever saw was September 21 (when I was in college in Michigan's upper peninsula).  That was a couple weeks early for them.

In Alberta you can get freak snowstorms almost every time of year.  I've seen one in July for pete's sake.

The snow today is melting as it hits the ground and there's been no meaningful accumulations, but it's still depressing.  The forecast has temps going back into the teens by the end of the week though.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2014, 01:59:05 PM
The snow today is melting as it hits the ground and there's been no meaningful accumulations, but it's still depressing.  The forecast has temps going back into the teens by the end of the week though.
:bleeding:

Still in the 90s here through mid-week but it looks like we'll be cooling off a little after that.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on September 08, 2014, 02:35:25 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2014, 01:59:05 PM
:bleeding:

Still in the 90s here through mid-week but it looks like we'll be cooling off a little after that.

I'm speaking in celsius here - mid teens is quite pleasant.

Maximus

Quote from: derspiess on September 08, 2014, 01:55:05 PM
Whatever happens this winter, the weather is absolutely perfect today.
It's nice.

10 degrees cooler would be nicer. We're supposed to get that this weekend.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 08, 2014, 01:42:30 PM
Yay!  That means it's on its way soon.

Long-term forecast is calling for another nasty, snowy winter this year.  You hear that Meri?  Sweet!  :yeah:

I'm certainly looking forward to sub-80 days.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Ugh.

So apparently we got up to 30cm (one foot) of snow today.  Thankfully I left work early, because my usual 1 hour commute took 2 hours (including picking up the boys from daycare).

Except we didn't go home - we went to get the boys their booster shots and flu shots.  After a 2 hour drive they were lots of fun once we start sticking needles in them. <_<

Then we go home, put the boys to bed.  Except of course then it's my turn to shovel out the driveway, which has 20-30cm of snow on it.  And it's still snowing as I'm going.  Once I finished I could have just started over again, the snow was still accumulating.

The drive tomorrow should be lots of fun. :rolleyes:

Neil

I recommend taking the day off.  That's what I did.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on November 28, 2014, 12:22:48 AM
I recommend taking the day off.  That's what I did.

Can't.  Trial scheduled.  Same as every other day. :rolleyes:

Tonitrus

It's ya'lls fault for having Thanksgiving on the wrong day.  :sleep: