And we're back!

Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Martinus, December 14, 2009, 06:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2015, 03:04:34 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2015, 10:34:26 AM
Had 21 inches during the blizzard, another 12 during last Monday, another 3 inches yesterday, and we have another 6 inches on the ground this morning and more coming.
I'd estimate that another 3 inches at least has fallen since this post.
:nelson:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on February 09, 2015, 03:16:55 PM
Quote from: KRonn on February 09, 2015, 09:54:40 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 09, 2015, 07:49:11 AM
KRonn, the difference in my experience between the Midwestern winter and the Nguyen Gland winter is that it's just cold in the former but cold and wet in the latter.  That wet cold just gets down into your bones and doesn't thaw out until May.
Maybe so, I wouldn't know. I've heard your argument before about the wet/humidity and it may be true, but New England isn't anywhere near humid like the South, so I don't know. I would think then that any northern state bordering the ocean has the same problem as New England states.
I think New England is probably just as humid as the South, but it's not even close to as hot so people don't bitch about the humidity up there.
I do it all the time.
PDH!

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on February 09, 2015, 03:16:55 PM
Quote from: KRonn on February 09, 2015, 09:54:40 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 09, 2015, 07:49:11 AM
KRonn, the difference in my experience between the Midwestern winter and the Nguyen Gland winter is that it's just cold in the former but cold and wet in the latter.  That wet cold just gets down into your bones and doesn't thaw out until May.
Maybe so, I wouldn't know. I've heard your argument before about the wet/humidity and it may be true, but New England isn't anywhere near humid like the South, so I don't know. I would think then that any northern state bordering the ocean has the same problem as New England states.
I think New England is probably just as humid as the South, but it's not even close to as hot so people don't bitch about the humidity up there.

That's like Seattle.  Western Washington is pretty moist/humid, but rarely hot enough to matter.  But they're also not prone to the huge weather/snow events that the East Coast gets.  A light coating of snow at city level, a few times per winter (which then quickly melts) at most, is the norm.  Though sometimes a pretty good snow storm can sneak in.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2015, 10:34:26 AM
Had 21 inches during the blizzard, another 12 during last Monday, another 3 inches yesterday, and we have another 6 inches on the ground this morning and more coming.
So it came out to 9.5 inches today, coming out to 12.5 inches for this storm when you count in yesterday's snow.

So that's a total of 45.5 inches in the last few weeks.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

KRonn

I think we had nearly two feet of snow from the last two days storm, at least in some areas. I must have gotten in the range of 15 to 20 inches at least. This is all getting into some serious snow territory now this winter, breaking some records for the Boston area and suburbs. That's on top of the several feet we already had on the ground already. It's a winter wonderland!  :)

jimmy olsen

Already got close to 3 inches on the ground, looks like we're going to exceed the predictions in my town. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

They just upped the range.  Though at this point anything is too much. Especially on a weekend, when I should be getting a snow day.
PDH!

KRonn

Amazing, another big storm, this one is supposed to have nearly hurricane force winds as it intensifies over the ocean. It's snowing now, must be a few inches at least already, and it'll intensify tomorrow. I think the predictions are for at least a foot of snow, and probably more. Today I shoveled two or there feet of snow off the roofs of my sheds. I'm sore just from doing that even though I've been doing a lot of shoveling so figured I was used to it by now.

CountDeMoney

Sustained, nasty ass winds with major 50mph+ gusts here.  Had a nasty squall that dropped a couple inches really fast, turned the highways into Demolition Derby.

Admiral Yi

Here's it dry as bone but cold as a meat locker.

jimmy olsen

Had 6.5 inches around 10 pm last night. Stopped for several hours but started up again hard around dawn and the wind is howling.

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

LOL, 5 degrees out.  Suck it, Bawlmer.

mongers

Damn, have some of you guys considered living somewhere else?

I'm beginning to fear Kronn won't make it through to spring.  :(

Meanwhile 52F here, slight wind and some early spring sunshine.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Quote from: mongers on February 15, 2015, 09:24:13 AM
Damn, have some of you guys considered living somewhere else?

I'm beginning to fear Kronn won't make through till sprint.  :(
I've been trying to tell KRonn to get out for years now, but he just won't listen.  He "doesn't mind it". :hmm:

Meanwhile we are expecting up to a foot of snow here in the next 24 hours, which for Kentucky is an extremely rare event and will be a total disaster if it pans out as predicted. :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Think we got 10-12 inches out there, but it's hard to tell given the drifts.

1 Karma Chameleon point